Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25151
replies 176
following 25

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
To the guy doing the build thread.

Is there any way you could pm me the parts purchased such as correct manifold piping and such things. If its not to much of a hassle.
cory_watson   +1y
pm'd you chromeghost
cory_watson   +1y
here is a picture of the fuel pressure regulator, not sure If I had posted one of it before or not. the regulator is a trick flow with boost reference

thread post photo

free upload
anguswilly   +1y
2 things:

- I don't know if you realize but the narrow band cannot tell you if your mixture is richer than 14.7 BUT NOT how much richer, this means when it shows all the way rich on your gauge, it could very well be 14.0-13.9 - If you cannot afford to get a WB, at least do the old fashioned read the plugs, it does work if done properly. That all being said, these motors are tough and I ran mine lean for a long time without a WB way back in the day and took a long time to blow.

- With your welded diff, are you daily driving? I welded mine and got about a month of daily out of the axles before they broke, I went through about 5 axles before I went LSD - I guess maybe your small tires are not too sticky and that helps? I even stepped it up to a B2600 rear end and welded that - they have bigger axles and they broke too. I remember the fun of limping home on one axle many times.

Definitely like to hear an update on your axles.
dgtllvr   +1y

Was about to post this. It's worth the $200 for a Wideband, considering how much time and money to cost to rebuild or replace the motor.
cory_watson   +1y
i do know what the a/f gauge is capable of reading, and I do understand I need a wideband and I do plan on getting one pretty soon. as for the welded diff I have drove it daily since December with out any problems at all, with what little power im making I don't think I should have any axel trouble.
anguswilly   +1y
Well that is good, as long as you know that your "rich" reading can mean "not really rich at all"

As far as the diff, I think it may be the tires grip and not so much the power that breaks axles - I was running 245's and then 265's and it seemed like the grip of the tires was causing the twisting of the axle, they would always break off at the splines where they go into the diff side gears.
cory_watson   +1y
im running 185 tires so there really is no bite at all.
mjavy7   +1y
I was surfing reading about engine swaps and I came across your thread it looks great!
Just out of curiosity, how much money have you invested so far? (roughly)
I am wondering if this is easier on the pocket compared to a V8 swap.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
not to thread jack him. but on mine I've spend about 200. that's for the turbo(oversized), manifold, blow-off valve, piping, air to air inter-coolor, and various other tidbits. I have yet to install it yet as it has yet to be warm enough to tinker with it.