Page 7 of 18
Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25175
replies 176
following 25

fdugn545   +1y

Would a 12 valve head bolt to the 2.2 block? And also what's o-ringing the block/head (sorry I honestly don't know what that is...) and what kind of support does the 2.2 have for forged Internals?

Sorry for thread jacking, just wondering on doing this myself.

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
mjavy7   +1y

Can you elaborate on this?
Do you just place an oring at the shoulder of each head bolt?

Or does this mean that the machine shop will cut a groove around each cylinder for an oring at the block or at the head?
If the later is correct, do you still use a head gasket on top of that?
anguswilly   +1y
O-ringing a block (or head) is a fairly well known procedure and it creates more clamp on the fire ring, a groove is cut around the cylinder and then a steel wire is fitted which protrudes and crushes the gasket more.
anguswilly   +1y
The probe and MX-6 motor is exactly the same but with a 12V head (I don't think it really makes that much more power with 12V)

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Was hopeing someone could ellaborate on which piece of the probes manifold i would need, been looking on ebay for one and wasnt sure exactly what part i needed. Kinda confusing lookin an not knowing lol. Thanks ahead of time.
anguswilly   +1y
Well this is sorta a threadjack I suppose but it's all related.

If you want to run the probe manifold you need 2 things.

- Manifold (upper and lower)

- Spacer/adapter (custom made) to turn the plenum around so the throttle body faces the right way.
anguswilly   +1y

Sorry, I was thinking you were asking about the intake manifold - were you asking about the exhaust manifold? If so there are no real parts, you just need the manifold - there are 3 main parts, the manifold, the turbo and the exhaust elbow.

I have a manifold and elbow if you find a turbo.
cory_watson   +1y
little update, I have decided to upgrade my turbo do to it passing oil through the intercooler. it has done this since the install back in December and is getting worse. really looking into a t3 garrett of some sort. anyone have any suggestions?
mymmeryloss   +1y
I have a gt35r chinacharger for sale if u want it...
cory_watson   +1y
ill pass on the china parts, im really interested in the garrets I have heard nothing but good reviews on them.