Page 1 of 4
Mazda Engine Performance \  Efi swap, amassing parts

Efi swap, amassing parts

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2465
replies 32
following 5

fdugn545   +1y
Hey guys I'm currently getting parts together for an efi swap on my 86 2.0. I have an efi b2200 intake, I have an aem wideband coming in the mail, a megasquirt 2 coming, and I know I'll need a high pressure fuel pump and filter and lines, and also a distributor. Is there any thing else I'm Leaving out? Also if any of you guys have any spare efi b2200 parts around hit me up.
fdugn545   +1y
Got a few questions, what are all the sensors? Lol I know that's quite a question but i really don't know I know the three wire one is the throttle position sensor but other than that I have no clue. Any help would be super appreciated

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efexjqiru1ga9tv/20170611_014641.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnp2nrka247v52w/20170611_014657.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajuq0qvu9xxmyvv/20170611_014651.jpg?dl=0
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Your first picture is of an idle air control valve. You can probably do a web search to get a better description of what it does than I can give you.

Your second picture is of the idle stop switch. It tells the computer you have taken your foot off the throttle. In some cases, that tells the computer to turn off the injectors.

I couldn't tell what the third picture is of. Sorry.
fdugn545   +1y
Does anyone out there know the wiring for the b2200 efi distributors? Also is there any way to run efi with the carb distributor? Or is the b2600i distributor compatabile with the 2.0/2.2?
ninjarider   +1y
Unless I'm mistaken you can run efi with the stock dizy. You won't be able to control the ignition timing via the megasquirt, but you can keep the base timing and vacuum advance and should work fine. Just let MS2 control the fuel. If your're wanting sequential efi then you will need another dizy.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
When I was contemplating switching over to fuel injection on a 2.2 motor, what I was told by a Mazda mechanic was that I would have to use a distributor out of an 1984-1987 Mazda 626, and swap the gears (for rotation) because they carry the crankshaft position sensor inside of them. You are going to have to have something to tell the injectors when to fire. Maybe someone else can tell you how they got around this without this being an issue.
fdugn545   +1y
So if I was per say gonna run the oem carb dizzy where would I put the vacuum advance line into? After the throttle body is manifold pressure. Would that work or would I want to run it before the throttle plate? Also if I was to run boost (which may be in the plans later down the road) how would that work into all this? I'm sorry for all the questions but I am trying to do this on as limited of budget as I can but I also want it to be done right (or as close to done right I can do) One more quick question is there any specific modifications to the megasquirt 2 3.0 that I would need to do to have it trigger off the neg side of the coil?

Anyhow thanks for any and all replies.
fdugn545   +1y
One more question. Is the b2200 idle air control valve a stepper style valve or a pwm (pulse wave modulation?) or is it simply a fast idle valve? Just wondering cause I need to know which configuration to build the megasquirt itself.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later on thanks in advance.
sincitylocal   +1y
I don't know about the IAC, but the vacuum advance connects to a venturi port on the carburetor(increasing vacuum as throttle opens).
fdugn545   +1y
Sin I know it hooks to the carb but if I was to go fuel injected where could I hook it up?