Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Holley 5200 swap

Holley 5200 swap

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 599
replies 2
following 2

ninjarider   +1y
I know there have been numerous questions with answers posted on here about the Webers and the Holley 5200 being a licensed copy of them; however, i haven't seen a lot of information regarding the Holley. My question that i haven't found an answer for yet is will the manifold adapter for the Weber 32/36 bolt holes align with the Holley 5200? I've been fortunate to acquire a 5200 & need to know if I will need to find another manifold adapter other than the one for the Weber. I've read the write up on the 5200 over @ mazdatrucking but it doesn't give that particular information. If I bolt it onto the manifold in the postion which aligns the primary/secondary valves in sync with the manifold the throttle linkage will be on the front side closest to the radiator. Does it have to be mounted in that position or can it be postion with throttle linkage toward backside?

Another possible issue I've noticed is the design of the airhorn on the Holley appears to have an oval shaped raised lip around the choke valve area. Will the Weber air filter housing fit? If not it's not a big deal because I'm interested in fabing an adapter for a normal size round air filter or possibly a remote mount conical style.
Ricko1966   +1y
Weber 32/36 and holley 5200 are the same bolt pattern. your linkage issue I am having trouble picturing.Any 5200 or 32/36 swap I ever did I kept my primary in the same position as my original primary and fabbed my own linkage and adapter plates. The air cleaner for a 1974 Chevy Vega works.The 74 Vega uses a filter and housing as one unit meant to be disposable as a unit just like most fuel filters. It will make a good base for a different element in the future.
Page 1 of 1