Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2200 turbo build

B2200 turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 7978
replies 23
following 11

b52fighter   +1y
Well took some pictures today while I was wrapping my turbo and doing some other little things, if anyone has any questions just ask, otherwise I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Also I contacted turbo gemini and got a response! They said you didnt have to do anything to the carb to make it handle boost. Except I was reading on an opel gt forum that the carb bowl vent needs to be routed into the intercooler piping otherwise the needle and seat at about 4-5psi will be forced shut.
post photo
post photo
post photo
b52fighter   +1y
More pictures
post photo
post photo
post photo
b52fighter   +1y
More pictures
post photo
post photo
post photo
fdugn545   +1y
Quick question for ya, what does the line on top of the cab hat go to? Also how much Gain have u seen since doing this?

Fred
b52fighter   +1y
The line on the carb hat is from the bowl vent, read on another forum that with it hooked up like that it keeps pressure in the bowl and keeps the needle and seat from being forced shut. As far as gains ive noticed quite a difference, its a lot more torquie on the bottom end. And when its under boost its just alot of fun. Actually just recently drag raced it in the 1/8th mile it ran an 11.286 at 64mph with stock internals and an iffy clutch
fdugn545   +1y
I may end up messaging you quite a bit cause I'm gonna undergo this soon. Have u upped the boost any from 4 psi? I wanna run 8ish if possible. Also If u have any suggestions on where to get parts please let me know.

Thank you,

Fred
b52fighter   +1y
Im actually running 10psi without any problems other than using some oil, but this winter im thinking of doing a complete rebuild, and thats fine. If anythimg too I can give you my cell number
b52fighter   +1y
Well, decided to go ahead and convert to EFI...gonna be using ms3x. Using a b2200 lower intake. Rx7 460-500cc injectors a probe upper intake and a 46mm throttle body from a crown Vic/mustang. Also gonna be using a wasted spark ignition system so EDIS-4 with a 36-1 trigger wheel and a VR-Sensor. My intake is currently at the machine shop and there working on frankensteining it all together for me. Also cutting down my pulley to fit the trigger wheel I got. Had a spare from a ps/ac truck so it has the extra belt rib and it's just barely bigger than the ID of the wheel. Just received injectors, the ms3x unit and both wiring harnesses in the past week as well as the full EDIS system. Came with coil pack plug wires trigger wheel and the ignition module and the VR sensor. As soon as I get my intake back I'm gonna start bolting everything on. Only problem I think I'm going to have is figuring out a throttle cable system due to the Franken-intake. Otherwise I'll have to fab up a bracket for the VR sensor or order one and modify it to my needs. I have hopes of running 20psi+ but we will see what happens. Only thing I have left to pick up is a good wideband A/F gauge.
b52fighter   +1y
Got my intake back last week. Ended up doing a custom upper instead of the probe upper, right now I got a pile of parts just waiting to go on it. All that's left that I can really think of is IAT sensor and coolant temp sensor. And I'll probably order those from DIY autotune and use the GM ones since they already have calibration numbers for both. Plus there probably more friendly to the megasquirt. Also putting a chrome grill on with a neat Mazda-speed emblem I got off eBay. Cannot wait to get into doing everything
post photo
post photo
post photo
b52fighter   +1y
Polished up the intake the last couple days too
post photo