Page 2 of 3
Mazda Engine Performance \  B2200 turbo build

B2200 turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8031
replies 23
following 11

dealwithit   +1y
nice custom work, much better to go efi over a blow through carb setup, you never really know whats going on in a carb system. holy picture size batman, need to scale those down something fierce. nice build tho man, good to see progress keep it up
b52fighter   +1y
Thanks, and been using my phone seems as if I use it sideways it's small and normal way it gets huge like that. I dunno. And as of right now just waiting for snow to go away and the weather to warm up. No heated garage here. Hoping to get it all together in a couple weekends. Just have a few odd parts left to get like IAT and a TB gasket
b52fighter   +1y
Got it running and got a decent base tune going on it now with EDIS and quadspark module. Consistently makes 20psi of boost on 91 octane. And I'm still working on the tune. This is on an all stock bottom end and an untouched head. Only mods are turbo EFI with MS3X and an EDIS ignition. Pretty happy with how it's turned out
post photo
b52fighter   +1y
just a little update, since the above post, i have gone to a precision 4831B turbo, gone with an external wastegate set for about 18psi, head was gone through while chasing issues totally un-related to the head, but it was done and well it just feels better knowing. didnt go with head studs because i was kind of in a rush and the machine shop had it done iin a couple days as welll as doing a little combustion chamber porting. so its not a completely stock head, but as far as the porting goes he smoothed the exhaust side out a bit to help free up a few exta ponies. also due to the rush of things, it still has a stock cam. 2.0 adjustable lifters, and the original ol pump was replaced while fixing some oil leaks around the oil pan with a melling replacement.

future plans are to build for e85
1000cc or bigger injectors
probe 12v head swap.
and a forge crank and rods for high boost.
wanna try and get up and over the 400whp mark

any questions feel free to ask!
adamlesnansky   +1y
B52, is this the factory carb on your original build?
Post was last edited on Aug 07, 2016 06:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
b52fighter   +1y
Adam, no this is a Webber 32/36 with some pretty simple modification and some re-jetting
adamlesnansky   +1y
I am trying to decide where to go with my build, really want to stick with something simple, carbed and no computer. But I want to know if the gains would be worth the trouble. How much power were you making with the blow through setup?
b52fighter   +1y
I honestly couldn't tell you to be completely honest with you. I did drag race it in the 1/8th though and ran an 11.28 @ 64mph on 10psi on an eBay turbo. I'd have to guess probably 150-175ish. Love the EFI setup much more. Just working out the kinks is the tough part
adamlesnansky   +1y
Are you interested in selling any parts from your carbed setup? I think that much power would scratch my itch for a while...
b52fighter   +1y
I don't have any parts left over, I sold my carb awhile back, and re-used most of my parts when I converted to EFI