Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Performance \  Holley vs Weber

Holley vs Weber

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 770
replies 3
following 3

ninjarider   +1y
I've read here and elsewhere that many have chosen to install the Weber carb. I'm curious why the Weber is preferred. Does anyone know if a Holley 2300 series will work? I realize an adapter plate will likely be needed. For VE reasons I don't think a 500cfm version is needed either. I read a thread about the Holley 5200's over at mazdatruckin and it is very detailed. Thoughts anyone.
soldier4god01   +1y
I'm curios myself why everyone chooses weber. I wonder if it's easier to install than the others. Or if it works with the truck well? I think something like a 500 cfm would be way to much for the engines...my .02
Ricko1966   +1y
I think the reason for weber is availabilty,It has been a while since I talked to Holley about these carbs but I think they ceased production and weber is still producing them. The shop I was working at sold and installed kit from P.I.S. Progressive Induction Systems when they went out of business we started using Weber kits from redline, We used parts from the different kits interchangeably, I do not remember if the jets swapped as I recall some of the holleys could not use weber jets. Holley did make revisions and improvements on the design over it's life. If I were to do a swap today I would be looking for a 5200 with booster venturis. The adapter plates are easy to make
Post was last edited on Sep 06, 2017 01:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
Page 1 of 1