Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25153
replies 176
following 25

myrtle86   +1y
Wow awesome start to a write up.

Crewcab Steve
myrtle86   +1y
So on the weber topic. I'm running a 38 dgas on my b2000 does anyone have info on whether or not this is a "blowthrough" or can be used as a blowthrough? At one point my junk a$$ Mr. gaskets fuel regulator died on me and was supplying full pressure to the carb from the fuel pump. (Never will I use one of those again) the bowl would over fill and when I shut the truck off it would dump all excess fuel from bowl onto the butterflies. It sucked.

Crewcab Steve
cory_watson   +1y
from the info ive read the 38 weber is the same configuration as the 32/34 but it is not ideal for a turbo build. the reasons ive read are the 38 has both barrels opening at the same time so that when building boost these is no more fuel being released. the 32/34 the 2nd barrel opens up as boost kicks in to help with the fuel situation. again this is all stuff ive read it but my 32/34 does great and is really liking the boost so far.
myrtle86   +1y
Jealous lol. Thanks for the input.

Crewcab Steve
cory_watson   +1y
little update on the turbo build. I have drove the truck everyday since I did the install and it has never let me down yet. I decided to install a boost controller and crank the boost a little I was pushing the factory 8.5psi. I turned the boost up to 11psi and have been driving it for the last few days no problems.

thread post photo

[url=app.php:294stu3m" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">php:294stu3m]how to screenshot on windows 7

thread post photo

[url=app.php:294stu3m" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">php:294stu3m]pc screen shot

not sure if I ever posted a picture of the truck so here it is with the drift trike
thread post photo

upload a gif
dgtllvr   +1y
This truck is so beautifully jerry-rigged, I love it. Did you get a wideband on it? Whats it reading under load? I may have to do something insane like this once I get a new job.

Truck looks bad ass though, how wide are your rims? Do you have an LSD?
dynomike   +1y
I was wondering about the A/F monitoring as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
cory_watson   +1y
i do not have a wideband im still using the cheap a/f narrow band. but according to it at WOT im still a little rich, I know they are not very precise but its better then nothing. as for my rims they are 15x8 and my diff is welded.
anguswilly   +1y
You know you could have just adjusted the WG rod right?

I remember, I drilled a second hole next to the stock one and I was at about 11psi.
cory_watson   +1y
yea I knew I could have adjusted it but decided on the boost controller for the ease of adjustment. I thought it would be a pain to mess with the rod since it faces the block.