Page 3 of 18
Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25149
replies 176
following 25

cory_watson   +1y
Got the pump retro fitting to the stock sending unit, my regulator will be here tomorrow and I'll post pictures and how it turned out tomorrow evening.
jeff115   +1y

Not true.... I fed mine with 13-14psi for quite a while
cory_watson   +1y
Got my regulator installed and plumbed. I have it set at 7 psi before boost, it is running great and made a total difference then with the mechanical. Grabs 3rd no problem and holds boost great. My internet is currently down in the house so I'll get pictures when it's back up.
emjay   +1y
The weber is a weird setup. The specifications for the Weber 32/36 that I have found specify that it is designed to handle 3.5psi, also what is specified in the installation manual. Go back in time to the 70s with the Ford Pinto 2.3L that uses the Holley 5200 (weber 32 clone) and it is specified to handle 8psi. WTF? Same internals, same kit to rebuild.
cory_watson   +1y
I tried the weber on 4psi at first and it would starve for fuel I adjusted it lb by lb and it seemed to run the best on 7 psi so that's where I left it. At 9 psi it would flood at idel and die, 8psi and it would run a little too rich. Under 8 lbs of boost it opens to around 16 to 17 lbs and holds great.
cory_watson   +1y
I tried the weber on 4psi at first and it would starve for fuel I adjusted it lb by lb and it seemed to run the best on 7 psi so that's where I left it. At 9 psi it would flood at idel and die, 8psi and it would run a little too rich. Under 8 lbs of boost it opens to around 16 to 17 lbs and holds great.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
i am glad you guys are doing/did this so when I get mine on. I shouldn't have too many issues.
h0tr0d   +1y
amen, cant wait to afford my setup lol
cory_watson   +1y
if anyone has any questions or wants certain pictures of something particular let me know ill help anyway I can. since I got my computer working again I can post more pictures.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
mines in a box in my shed. so it going to be a while for questions