Page 18 of 18
Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25152
replies 176
following 25

cory_watson   +1y
been on the look out for a new truck the last few months because of my white truck being so rusty in the floor boards and rockers/ cab corners.

passenger side was even worse
thread post photo

[url=app.php:3tvdao9m]screen grab

came home with this truck a couple weeks ago its a a/c and power steering truck bought it for $500 with a bad headgasket or possibly head. putting my turbo motor in it. already have both engines pulled and my efi harness installed into the blue truck. still working on removing the a/c lines into the cab and getting the bed off to put my fuel pump in and bigger return line should have it all together in a couple more weeks.
thread post photo

uploading pictures

thread post photo

image hosting websites
dealwithit   +1y
Ouch that's some nasty floor rot!
mymmeryloss   +1y
New truck looks nice!
cory_watson   +1y
passenger side was worse then the drivers. passenger side a pillar behind the dash was rusted really bad. the back of the cab was rusted and pulled away from the floor. there was probably 3 weeks worth of k-mart sales papers in one cab corner then probably a inch of bondo over that.
lorha1159   +1y
Cory love your turbo build. My truck is currently stock with the pace setter header. Have a weber brand new in the box in my closet. Truck was originally just gonna get the header and weber then call it a day(own my own big rig and use it to get parts and what not.) However after reading your thread really want to turbo my truck. Seen you did away withthe blow thru set up and went to efi. Understand why you made the change but is the blow thru that finicky? Asking bc i have the weber in the box and while i have no doubts in my ability convert it to efi, in some respects the blow thru seems to be easier and cheaper....well maybenot easier to tune but ya lol.

By the way i race gokarts. Go to 4cycle com and go to the forums. U could find some awesome go fast for ur drift trike that might make it REALLY fun.
cory_watson   +1y
Haven't had a chance to work on the truck much I recently was transferred to night shift at my job.

I did get the truck running and have drove it a couple miles but I've had a major issue with it.

While cranking coil unhooked I am getting a average of 150psi compression. With the engine running I'm only getting 45psi on cylinders 1 & 2. Cylinders 3 & 4 stay at 150psi.

Nothing has changed from swapping my engine to the new body. I have applied air to the cylinders and can't hear any air coming out of the exhaust or the intake. I've checked the lifters and valves to make sure nothing was stuck from sitting. I'm stumped I've tried everything I know to try. Next step will be pulling the head and getting it resurfaced and a valve job.
cory_watson   +1y
Been reading some on what my problem could be, most common issue I've found with my symptoms is blown head gasket between the two adjacent cylinders. Hopefully that's all it is