Page 17 of 18
Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25177
replies 176
following 25

dealwithit   +1y
lol thanks, i just spent the last hour on youtube watching drift trikes. nice tube work on yours tho man!
cory_watson   +1y
thanks, its just thrown together to have some cheap fun. started out with a couple gravity trikes now moving on to bigger and better they are addicting lol.
mazdizzle   +1y
No brakes? I really want to build one
cory_watson   +1y
I have front brakes I just haven't put them on yet. I will eventually put rear disc brakes on it. but they was to expensive for what I wanted to spend at this time. rear disc brake set up is about $125 im really wanting to find a used setup.
sincitylocal   +1y
Go to a thrift shop and find a mountain bike with disc brakes and adapt them to your trike.
mazdizzle   +1y
I need to hit the local bike shop and get a front end to use. I have a 1" axle but it's bent on 1 end. Came out of a 2 seat carter so I could cut it down and have that end re threaded.
cory_watson   +1y
axles are cheap. I got my axle, bearing kit with flanges, hub for sprocket, axle collars, wheel hubs, and 1ft of key stock for less then $90. I think the axle its self was less then $30

cory_watson   +1y
ive also thought about using the mountain bike disc set up but ive not found a bike cheap enough that would make it worth the effort to adapt it to work.
mazdizzle   +1y
I made this bar stool cart a couple years ago out of a 49cc 4 wheeler frame. Used a hydraulic brake set up off a scooter that was fairly cheap on ebay and it stopped really good.

This was before the hydraulic brake when it didn't stop
thread post photo
mazdizzle   +1y

I've spent a bunch of money at BMI I had several go carts a few years ago. They were fun for a while but got bored and sold everything.