Page 14 of 18
Mazda Engine Performance \  my turbo build

my turbo build

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 25200
replies 176
following 25

cory_watson   +1y
with MS would I be able to run a higher base fuel pressure and tune the injectors down to get good idle and cruise and then open as boost comes into play? or would I still need to run a low base pressure with a fuel management unit?
dealwithit   +1y
thats the best part, you tune all that yourself, remove all the extra bits, and build your own fuel map, itll run just as good or better than a factory tuned vehicle if you do it right and do alot of datalogging for the fine adjustments. its really easy once you get into it, pause the data log, see which map bar your in and up down with the fuel pulse according to your wideband read out at that second. small movements till your happy, and adjust your timing as you see fit.
cory_watson   +1y
I guess I need to start saving and keep doing my research. seems like that will be the best option for me.
dealwithit   +1y
they are having a black friday 10% off sale on everything at DIYautotune right now.....
cory_watson   +1y
after buying that rx7 I don't have the spare cash to spend on that right now. maybe they will have a tax season sale in the spring?
dealwithit   +1y
yah probably, they usually have a few per year. sometimes you can find used ones too, i got one of mine from another mazda guy pre built and tested for the same price as a kit (it was a factory built 3.57 board)
dealwithit   +1y
any updates?
cory_watson   +1y
just been driving it. been working on my rx7 getting it roadworthy
spach   +1y
Bringing this forum back to life just wondering if i would be able to do this on my 2.2 FI mazda B2200? i could get a probe manifold and turbo along with all the goodies! But i not sure if the ECU would read or even understand theres a turbo there at all?! How would i go about doing a Turbo from the F2T on the FI B2200? Thanks guys!
cory_watson   +1y
you could turbo it no problem, just need the basic parts and a wideband A/F gauge and tune your air flow meter. here is a great thread showing how to turbo a NON turbo car. basically the same concept as the truck you just wouldn't use the factory charge pipes.

" target="_blank

for turbo information its best to use the MX6 and probe forums. there really isn't a lot on the truck specifically