Page 9 of 9
Mazda Audio \  Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 29217
replies 88
following 28

misteroboto   +1y
I just looked it up, cannot believe I've never known about auto reset circuit breakers, what an idiot. I don't comprehend why lock actuators need a relay but window motors don't. I ordered those classic looking dorman switches and I'll use a shortstop auto circuit breaker with brand new dorman regulators. This should be reliable for many years without a relay?
sincitylocal   +1y
I used factory GM switches from a '91 Firebird. Have been in use since just after this how-to was posted... a few years now.
Post was last edited on Mar 30, 2016 04:03. This post has been edited 2 times.
misteroboto   +1y
Well dudes, you can buy the dorman regulators at the auto parts store. Autozone is over priced on this item but if you have O'Reillys they have them for $75. Just don't do what I did on the first try. I jogged the motor to make slack in the cable for ease of conversion. The cable got tangled inside the unit and completely trashed the cable and plastic wheel that routes it. Those parts to my knowledge aren't attainable so I had to trash the $75 and get another new assembly. Don't make the same mistake
misteroboto   +1y
Also, the window hits the motor. Had to shim the bottom of the center guide track but they work great now
misteroboto   +1y
Also $65 on Amazon
vsawmike   +1y
Mazda MPV van also has some that have the same exact glass mounts and the studs appear to be in the same spots as the B series.
Blackbee89   +1y
Thanks Tuna, got the first on in, going to use the power switch that goes in the old window crank hole. for those having trouble getting the cable back in because the cable is too short be sure to bump the motor carefully so the cables are the same length, then the end plastic piece will snap in. Oh don't forget the remote control up down switch!!
post photo
post photo
post photo
Blackbee89   +1y
Thanks Tuna, got the first on in, going to use the power switch that goes in the old window crank hole. for those having trouble getting the cable back in because the cable is too short be sure to bump the motor carefully so the cables are the same length, then the end plastic piece will snap in. Oh don't forget the remote control up down switch!!
post photo
post photo
post photo
Blackbee89   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
Blackbee89   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo