Page 7 of 9
Mazda Audio \  Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 29233
replies 88
following 28

jiffyzx6   +1y
There's a diagram for the switch on the first page, when me and Aaron (tuna) hooked up my power windows that's the diagram we used and worked fine.
pabartelt   +1y
yeah the Diagram is for a standard double pole double throw switch. I have determined that the problem is the switches I have are designed differently. I purchased a couple double pole double throw switches and I'm confident that they will work fine. this is a really cool MOD. I am very happy with power windows now.
mjavy7   +1y
Tjis is cool man! I love it!
Can you elaborate more on the parts you used?
The switches, do the come off a car in particular if so what is it? Relays any specific one? Wiring?
Also there is welding required right?

mazdizzle   +1y
The switches came from a local electronics company any radio shack type store should carry them. For the relays I'm using a DEI 451m micro dual relay pack in each door. Any standard relays will work I just had a few of these laying around and it makes for a cleaner install
squeek   +1y
bad ass to the max! i just happen to have 97 accord window motors in my garage that i pulled from the last accord i totalled. cant wait to do that
400to40k   +1y
Geez ive been searching for a good way to do this for 2 years or better. Glad i finally found it though! Thqnks guys this will be the new project!
applianceguy   +1y
Just like Angus Willy sez, there are holes below the crank handle hole that line up perfectly, so's you can mount the motor assy.

I used the crank handle hole to mount the switches.

Thanks Tuna! and Angus Willy!
gavroars   +1y
Hi,
Thanks for the write-up - I am halfway through doing this conversion and have got to the part where I mount the Honda Accord power window motor onto the Mazda B-Series window track but the black cable is way too short to go to where it needs to go while the grey cable is too long? Any suggestions on how I would go about extending the black cable without wiring it to a battery and running it without tension on it? I know that this is an old wite-up but was hoping someone might have some ideas on this. I had to take my window apart anyway as the manual window crank had chewed one of its cables and no longer worked plus was sagging badly. Thanks.
Cheers Gavin
applianceguy   +1y

It is a "tight fit", but once you get it on there, it is all good. You might have your cables swapped.

Here is a pic. of Tuna's. I had to trim off a corner of the plastic(top right of this pic) in order to get the cable to stretch HARD into the holder at top right.

The trimming would look like an "arrow tip" angled/pointing inward between the two cables, (again, top right of pic.)except for I think I only had to do this to the top cable side, instead of both. The trimming was very slight, as I did not want to remove too much.

thread post photo

Again, I had to pull the CRAP out of it to get it to finally slip into the retainer.
gavroars   +1y
Thanks for the quick reply applianceguy. I had another look at them tonight and I think that either I have the cables swapped or they are from an American truck as the window regulator motor/cables from what I thought was the left-hand passenger side window regulator fits fine. I figured that the regulator with the R on it and 4 wires from the motor was from the right hand drivers side and that the 2 wire one was from the passengers side but it appears that I was wrong. I've managed to get one of the modified Mazda/Honda hybrid regulators together (the passenger side Mazda part is still in my passenger door which I'll take out after I've got the driver's window back in after work tomorrow before it get's too dark to see what I'm doing and sort the wiring out after that (got most of it ready to go but my fuse box has fog lights at the place Tuna used so I'm going to have to source power from somehere else). Thanks again applianceguy and Tuna and everyone else who posts on BScene