Page 8 of 9
Mazda Audio \  Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 29234
replies 88
following 28

applianceguy   +1y
4 wire is for the driver side, or Left hand side. (If it is American) as this way you can control master switches with the 4 wires.., and the 2 wire is the right side, (or pass. side if American) as you only need to control one side, and only need 1 sw.

Comprende?
gavroars   +1y
Yes sure do comprende
That was what confused me originally was that I tried the 4 wire on the drivers side door (right hand side in New Zealand) figuring that the 2 extra wires for the auto up and down or for the passenger's door and as these were purchased on Trade Me (New Zealands eBay) I did not remove them myself and was not advised that they were US made when I brought them. I will remove the passenger side tonight and see whether it fits on the left hand passenger side door. I am not too worried about the extra switch (or auto up/down) for the drivers door just want to get them put back together to my ute is able to be locked. Thanks again for your help
misteroboto   +1y
If we were to buy brand new Honda regulators would everything be discarded besides the motor? As in could we just purchase new motors or are there parts needed from the complete regulators in order to fulfill the project?
misteroboto   +1y
Does this require relays??
applianceguy   +1y
Buy these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Window-Regulators-w-Motor-Rear-Pair-Set-for-94-97-Honda-Accord-/370860400648?hash=item565900a008
Like it says, limited qty remaining. Won't be long before these are NLA so I would get whatever you can while the prices are still low.

And Yes to your question. I would use relays, as these window switch contacts are not heavy duty enough to handle the load of running a motor, especially if you have someone who likes to hold these buttons down and/or you have one that gets stuck.
Post was last edited on Mar 29, 2016 11:03. This post has been edited 2 times.
misteroboto   +1y
Thanks. What relays would you recommend?
sincitylocal   +1y
Relays may not be needed, but a 20 amp circuit breaker is a must!
misteroboto   +1y
Yeah I'm definitely going to use an in line fuse or wire it to the fuse panel on a 20a but I think I want to add relays to ensure a lasting product. Would the dei 8616 mini relay be sufficient or is there a more appropriate relay for this application? As @applianceguy stated, won't it burn up my switches over time without relays or burn up the motors? You would burn up the motors on door lock actuators without a relay so that's where my misunderstanding lies.
sincitylocal   +1y
Don't use a fuse. You have to use a circuit breaker for power windows.
The relay thing is a mystery to me. I didn't use any. Quality switches are stout enough.
misteroboto   +1y
Hmm. Automotive circuit breaker is news to me. What did you use? What switches did you use and how long have you been using your setup without issues?