Page 5 of 8
Mazda Audio \  STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21448
replies 71
following 26

rjl1203   +1y
Those 6.5's are awesome. I have no experience with fiberglass. But it seems like something worth looking in to.
89mazdalade   +1y
thanx there the power acoustik drivers and i got them on a cheap-o dhd 1200 watt amp (which is about 500 rms and these drivers are 100 rms each
89mazdalade   +1y
also where the factory 4 inches are got selenium st200 bullet tweets now time for bass
ulrich   +1y
This is relevant to my interests.

I can fit one 8", passive Bazooka behind the passenger bucket, but it's not enough. I'd add a second Bazooka behind the driver's seat, but that cuts in to my leg room. (Passenger seat was nearly all the way back, whatevs I don't have to sit there.)

Currently I have 2X12 JL woofers in a big, box in the bed, under my shell. With the cab, and shell sliding windows open, I get a lot of bass, but I fear the public is getting more.

I suspect that one of the JLs, installed in the cab, even in an undersized box, would give me better bass.
danny91b2200   +1y

2 12"
blowered4life   +1y
I built a box for two twelves in my std cab and it fits good. But i had to convert to bucket seats and give up some comfort room but here it is before the face is put on. Ill post more
89mazdalade   +1y
looks good im getting the supplies today for my fiberglass box just the speaker rings and maybe the sides using MDF, rest all glass using wood eats up alot of space and im super picky i cant give up no space these trucks have no space to begin with

btw what subs u run

i bought 2 10inch shallow mount mb quarts
blowered4life   +1y
Im running two kenwood w112s.
thread post photo
89mazdalade   +1y
looks really good man
blowered4life   +1y
Thanks man. MDF does take up a lot of space. Keep posted on the fiberglass box I would like to see pics of it too. hope it goes good for you man.