STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21452
replies 71
following 26

immortal1 (linn)   +1y
???? hows the new box commin??
crazymikey   +1y
Very good. SierraX took a good 4 and a half hours out of his Saturday to accomodate me and my truck and set up my stereo. We actually found a pre-made wedge box at a shop that fit right behind my passenger seat,and made an amp rack which is on the wall behind the driver's seat. Unfortunately,on the passenger side,the sub box takes up all the room,leaving me to have the 6x9 standing on it's side behind my console. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

It sounds awesome too,I'm very happy with the outcome!

However,I think I'm going to re-do my speakers sometime,and get rid of the 6x9s. I'll put 4s in the B-pillar where the block off plates are,and run the front speakers and the 4s in the back through my deck,then get doors pods with 6.5s,and then I'll be set.

I have a very busy spring ahead of me to get the truck ready for the shows coming up this summer.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Sounds good! Big thumbs up to SierraX for the helping hand
crazymikey   +1y
I went out this morning and bought another pair of the same 4" Pioneer speakers I already have and installed them in my cab corners,making my setup consist of:

-Sony CDXF7710 head unit
-Four 4" 110w 2-way Pioneer speakers (dash & cab corners)
-Two 220w 3-way Pioneer 6x9s in boxes,behind driver's seat and centre console (amplified)
-Kenwood KAC6402 400w 4 channel amp
-wedge sub box behind passenger seat with 10" Max Pentivent 250w sub.

I said I'd have pics up today,but I spent about 2 hours outside fixing one of my 6x9 boxes,running my wiring for the 4's and hooking it all up. It works,sounds sweet,but the truck is filthy in and out,and I need to clean it up before I snap some pics,so i should have some up tomorrow before I go to work.
crazymikey   +1y
Ok,I cleaned it up and snapped a quick pic. I'll get some better ones up tomorrow. I still need to carpet the amp rack,but w/e...

thread post photo

it sounds AWESOME. My driver's seat is able to go all the way back and have full movement,but the passenger seat has to sit forward about 1 click and can recline almost all the way back. I sat in it to see what it's like,and it's fine. I don't have passengers very often. But as the saying goes, "the more uncomfortable your ride is to sit in,the cooler it is" lol
crazymikey   +1y
To be honest,I am pleased with the sound,but I hate the way everything looks. It's very ghetto. I think I see a downgrade to an 8" sub in the future,with a box between the seats,and either keep the 6x9s behind the seats,or go with door pods.

I would probably laugh if I saw this in someone else's truck. Atleast it's out of the way and pretty much unseen when the seats are back...
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Lookin good Mike!!! Hey, another ?.... can you stack the 6x9 boxes on top of each other - facing forward? Might give a little better sound. Eitherway, glad to hear it meets your expectations
crazymikey   +1y
no,there's not enough room to stack the boxes because they won't clear either seat when they're reclined. That's about the only way I can get them to fit.
sierrax   +1y

Hahaha.....like I said, once you get the equipment that you want (all of it), then spend the money on an install. Theres no point in doing a $1000+ install on $300 of equipment. And now that its all hooked up and working you can take your spare time and try out some things on your own and save some cash. No one ever learns without trying.
87mazdamini   +1y
Im to worried about putting a stereo system in my truck. I can use a coat hanger and get in the dam thing in 15 sec! I guess thats what alarms are for though. Looks good though.