Page 2 of 8
Mazda Audio \  STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21449
replies 71
following 26

h2omelon(nick)   +1y
i just flattened out the front brackets and drilled new holes in the floor. they are pretty comfortable.
twistedsmily   +1y
i've got a bench in mine and i had to go with two seperate boxes just got two single 10" regular truck boxes they fit good If i had pix i would post them
elbine69   +1y
Were going to do something like this in my buddys standard cab. It doesnt have the bottom cut out to fit the driveshaft tunnel and its not finished but you get the idea. The amp goes in between the console and itll fit 2 12's behind the seats. I think the might end up having the seats so there a click from the end but it wont be noticeable.
thread post photo
fanninator   +1y
i should be puttin mine in on monday, (not this monday but next) and ill post a pic of everything

alpine type r 10
ma audio 800rms
4ga wiring for that

pioneer deh-p6800mp
fosgate 6.5 power in doors
lightning audio 200.2 for the fosgates
lightning 4s in cab corners
6x9s in pos homemade boxes behind seats
audiopipe tweeters on console probably
8ga wiring for that

with the sub between the seats.

should sound perdy nice. ill get a video of my trucks sterio and hopefully some nighttime glow so it will look better, man all i need is one more set of rcas and im gona get an ipod to top my stereo off.

everything listed is eather here at the house or on the way from whereever i bought them from. -bf
nytrdr24   +1y

very nice drawing, way better than my messed up stuff..., wished i had a scanner or drawing program.....mine was sorta like that, but the side boxes went all the way over to the tranny hump, then just one solid piece on the slant portion connecting the two side boxes, which left a "hollow" area just above the tranny hump to mount my amps & conceal my wiring.....
crazymikey   +1y
thanks for the input guys. Immortal,your idea really works and is exactly what I need out of an enclosure.

h20melon,how wide is your box between the seats? I keep telling the guy at the shop that I've seen subs between the seats in these trucks (yours being one of them) and he keeps saying it can't be done.

I'm really itching to get this done and my stereo guy is waiting on me to submit a design or an idea.
sierrax   +1y
There is nothing that "can't be done". If you want me to build you a box that fits between the seats I can. PM me if your interested. Also, your video system will be ready next saturday.
crazymikey   +1y
sounds good to me. you have a pm
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
i dont have the truck here right now its in the body shop at the moment. i think its 11" wide if i remember correctly.
crazymikey   +1y
11"...weird...when my stereo guy took measurments between my seats,he said it was like 9.25"