Page 4 of 8
Mazda Audio \  STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21450
replies 71
following 26

crazymikey   +1y

That's for sure. The 6x9 boxes are just so bulky I can't really do anything with them. But I think a pair of your door panels with the speaker pods will solve my problem,and I could definetly see myself changing to one or two of those 8" I.D. subs. They look small enough we could probably make a nice box and have them sit behind the seats like my 6x9s.
89mazdalade   +1y
bringing this topic bacc i wanna run a 8inch sub each sundown or re audio i got a bench seat thinking about fiberglassing a box on the rear wall to try and use the least space any1 got pics of fiberglassed boxes in their std cab truck wall
fdugn545   +1y
thread post photo

Here's mine its far from finished though I still need to finish building my "port"
Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
danny91b2200   +1y
thread post photo
not fiver glass but here it is....
rjl1203   +1y
To anyone curious about 6x9's, I have a box with 2 kicker 6x9's behind my bench seat with a cheap 300 Watt amp. They sound better than the 2 mtx 8's I had in my old Nissan standard cab. Hit very hard; they only suffer on the super low bass. But soon I'll be replacing them with 2 kicker comp 10's in divided boxes behind each side as I plan on bucket seats eventually. And the 6x9's are very responsive and clean to rock and even heavier metal as well.
fdugn545   +1y
I've got 6x9s in the b pillars...
thread post photo

Sorry for the shitty pic
Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
rjl1203   +1y
Fdugn, been meaning to ask you how those sound mounted there. I thought of doing that once i get my 10's. And i could move my 4'' speakers from there to the dash location. Should be a pretty good range with that set-up.
89mazdalade   +1y

ima do something like this but completely fiberglassed to utilize every lil bit of space, plus gotta have my seat back. btw what size are those 10s or 12s?im even thinking a bout shallow mount subs just looking for a lil bump i got the hair trick bass in my riviera
89mazdalade   +1y
so i just ordered my subs went with 2 MB Quart RLP254 10s shallow mounts 300 rms which is over-rated, but MB Quart make good stuff. Ordered the amp also MB Quart, monday gonna pic up the resin and go to work!!!!!! will make a build thread for a how to complete fiberglass box single cab truck with pics and specs 3 7/16 mounting depth for these subs and should work perfect for what i want
89mazdalade   +1y
just for kicks this is what i can do with the glass

my mazda doors
(2) 6.5 midbass drivers gets pretty loud

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo