Page 7 of 8
Mazda Audio \  STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21473
replies 71
following 26

spacemonkee23   +1y

I like it, I have been thinking of doing something similar and put my window switches in there too. Nice job.

Here is what I am running as my temporary setup until I can build a center console. I have dual level Bed interior in my camper shell so it sits right where it needs to. My buddy calls it a "factory blow-through" haha. plus I got my fiberglass pods and 2600i door panels in with relocated pockets to the rear of the door.

thread post photo

thread post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
doesn't that kill your rear visibility?
spacemonkee23   +1y
No actually its pretty good. My rearview mirror is up high enough to where I can see out the entire rear window, plus since the box is at an angle, I can see out of the side glass quite clearly for lane changing. Its in the perfect spot to see completely around it. Although I am thinking of pulling the rear glass out of it completely because its hard to keep the slider from rattling.
myrtle86   +1y
Here are my door mounts.

Crewcab Steve
post photo
spacemonkee23   +1y

Looks clean. Nice and flush. Cool design too.

I had those base door panels that I had cut a hole in for my speakers, that is before I found the 2600i panels in good shape at the bone yard. I didnt want to cut a huge hole in my new fancy panels so I went with Fiberglass. Also I get a little more mid base because they are sealed pods. And now that I did the power window conversion I don't keep busting my knuckles on them when I roll down the windows.
myrtle86   +1y
You need a couple of these in grey to put where the crank hole is!

Crewcab Steve
post photo
spacemonkee23   +1y

Don't tell me what to put in my crank hole!

Joking aside, I currently have some velcro that I cut into circles covering the holes now. Those would be nice in grey though. What are they from/ where did you get them?
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

The speaker is a 10". I don't remember the dimensions on the box. I built that back in 2006 or 2007.
myrtle86   +1y
They are from s-10 blazers in the head longer above the drivers seat. Little speaker.

Got the At the bone yard.

Crewcab Steve
mrpielovin   +1y
I have 2 10" Rockfords in a very very very tiny B2000 single, I ordered the smallest truck box off amazon for the drivers side and just a regular car sub box for the passengers. It's a little cramped but not overly uncomfortable and I am 5'11 and 320lbs.I can post some pics if wanted.