Page 3 of 5
Mazda Engine Performance \  Blow thru turbo

Blow thru turbo

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8623
replies 47
following 13

jenko   +1y
I'd look for a different carb, something someone has modified previously and is hopefully available in the junk yards!
Get your google on, if you find something that meets those two criteria, post em up for us to ogle over
fdugn545   +1y
hey jenko i have looked at holley 2300s and they are easily modded for boost but they're 350 cfm and im pretty sure that the weber is only rated at 280 at the highest... if i could rig a way to run the holley then i would have it made! does anyone here make custom plates for an adapter plate? im pretty limited on funds so it would be a while and i dont really have the means to make on myself. thanks for all the replys guys.

Fred
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
I built my own Weber adapter plate out of some 3/8 aluminum. Cut it to shape, cut the opening, drilled and tapped it for the carb studs. It wasnt that hard, Im sure one could be built for the holley flange. I then had my good friend tig weld the plate to my intake. He also tigged up the unused vacum nipples and egr valve holes. Heres a couple pics sitting on my mock up engine (still need to clean up the welds and powder coat it).

thread post photo

thread post photo
fdugn545   +1y
thanks dave would your buddy be interested in making a mazda to holley 2300 adapter plate? if so how much.

ps the truck in you sig looks sick with those shaved corners...

thanks as always,

Fred
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
^^ PM sent. Oh and thanks for the words on my old truck.
fdugn545   +1y
your welcome is it gone i presume? you got another?
jenko   +1y
350 cfm sounds good to me.
You guys have pinto engines over there, I guarantee there are blow through projects on them.
Pintos have been squeezed to within an inch of their lives... and some well past. lol.
I might have a look right now on your behalf!

Now there's the hoary way of doing it! Run that shit in a box! lol. Just remember the fuel reg

ooh. pretty. does that say 32/36? omgwtfpmprofloletc

just interesting reading
fdugn545   +1y
Okay so i need opinions... If I were to fit a holley 2300 tk my motor with not many other mods would I be able to run this NA until I saved for the rest of the turbo stuff? Or is it just way too much fuel?

Thanks for the help guys,

Fred

Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
layn20s   +1y
Still not up and running yet... just tryin to get everything mounted up for Lonestar Throwdown...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
Pics dont work for me