Page 2 of 5
Mazda Engine Performance \  Blow thru turbo

Blow thru turbo

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8621
replies 47
following 13

layn20s   +1y
I'm workin on a blow through set up at this moment... Can't seem to post pics. Look at my profile I got a couple pics of my setup... Not finished yet. Only Gona run 5lbs of boost... Custom made my own turbo manifold from a pacesetter header. I'm using a weber 32/36 still need to modify for boost.
fdugn545   +1y

I looked at em looks awesome! Do u know what it takes to mod Weber for boost?
layn20s   +1y
Not real sure but lookin into it... Just workin on gettin the intercooler mounted and piping...
fdugn545   +1y

sounds awesome man! Do you have any pics? use photobucket if nothing else... i'm glad that im not the only one atempting this kind of setup.
fdugn545   +1y
I just got an idea from the trubo forums about using a holley 2300 2 barrel. It has 350 cfm is that to high for our motors? Also how bad what it be to make a plate to convert to the bigger Carb? I beleive that the venturi are reversed from our typical Weber design so would I have to flip the Carb 180? Any how I\'m just looking for answers. But i do know that there is a lot more support when It comes to the 2300 as far as boost anyway. Thanks guys.
emjay   +1y
I just saw this post, and I wanted to answer an earlier question. I don't know much about blow through turbos and carbs, but I would imagine that you would want to run with the Weber 38.
The turbo MX6 and 626 manifold will bolt to the stock head, but I believe that it needs to be modified because of the accessories on the pickup motors.
fdugn545   +1y
Thanks emjay I don't have any accessories (I'm assuming that u mean like ac or power steering) and do you know what years of mx6/626? I will probably run the 38 Weber even before I amass all the other junk for this crazy endeavor. Thanks again.

Fred
fdugn545   +1y
Well guys I'm gonna scrap the Weber 38 idea I didn't think but the 38 isn't a progressive Carb and when running a blow thru setup I need to have the secondaries kick in only while at boost. I still have no idea in what to do to modify the 32/36 though. Any help will be great. Thanks as always
tuna   +1y
I don't have any answers to your questions but, I have other ideas for boost. I was doing some research on superchargers and came across the April 2000 issue of Street Trucks Magazine featuring a 1989 Mazda B2200 with a Camden 5 inch SuperCharger. It was also fitted with a Weber Carburetor, Pacesetter Header and, custom exhaust system featuring a Flowmaster Muffler bringing the peak horsepower up to an impressive 218 at 6,700 rpm and peak torque of 231 ft. lb. at 6,000 rpm.
Here is the web site for more info

thread post photo
fdugn545   +1y
That supercharger setup looks insane! I don't think that anyone makes it anymore though... I did however come across this:

The only mods to the weber were to remove the choke linkage and seal off the hole with epoxy putty and to shim up the spring on the power valve. Other than that it was rejetting only. No obvious leaks around the throttle shafts.

^^^^this can't be right can it? What do you all think?

Thanks as always guys