Page 1 of 5
Mazda Engine Performance \  Blow thru turbo

Blow thru turbo

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8616
replies 47
following 13

fdugn545   +1y
Okay so I've been tossing this idea around in my head ever since I read a comment from Thermus on another post. I am looking for advice and ideas (please no haters!) and I have a few Q's. 1does the trubo manifold from the mx6/probe bolt onto a b2000 head? 2 does anyone know what to do to modify a Weber for boost? 3has anyone attempted/done a blow thru setup? And what results should I expect. I'm not looking for crazy numbers just a lil "boost" in performance. And I know EFI is the way to go here but I wanna be unique and I'm more used to carbed setups. Thanks as always guys.
fdugn545   +1y
This is the closest to a Mazda I've been able to find...

thread post photo
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
looks badass, dont have any answers for you first hand, but ive seen similar set-ups 4, 6, and 8 cylinder. good luck
mazdamn   +1y
Search New Orleans CL for a turbo 2.3 from a thunderbird. Its under $800 and i'll bolt in, and it'll fly.
fdugn545   +1y
I've considered a 2.3 but I don't wanna mess with EFI... And I want to keep my trans.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Interesting...
fdugn545   +1y
Well these are a few links I've come up with...

This kit is crazy expensive and I couldn't use the intake but... " target="_blank

And I found a rising rate fuel pressure reg " target="_blank

I can't seem to find many separate parts. I'm looking for a Carb hat... Would a snorkel type hat work if I sealed it somehow? Thanks in advance...
fdugn545   +1y
Another idea and don't shoot me for this but would it be possible to mount a smaller holley 4 barrel or 2 barrel to our intakes or do u think that it would be overkill? It just seems that everyone uses Holley for Blowthrough setups and I can't hardly find any info on Webers
fdugn545   +1y
Another kind of off topic q, would a Weber32/36 be better or should I go with a 38? Sorry for the spastic posts but I'm super interested in doing this.
fdugn545   +1y
okay guys this is the knowledge i have on this setup ( so far...) 1 our motors are somewhat low cmopression, 2 mx6/probe header fits our heads...i would like to find a weber already set up for boost but i know thats unlikely... i also would like to know what it would take to get oversized valves. i know that if i pull this off i would be much better off getting more air/fuel in and out. does anyone have ideas for tapping the oil pan for oil lines to the turbo? how much boost do you guys think these motors can handle? ( im thinking like 6-9 psi)
any other ideas or if anyone has a turbo exhaust manifold or a turbo or anything related to this let me know. i will be more than happy to buy it from you! thanks for your time guys sorry for rambling and posting wierd shit that doesnt always make sense...