Page 3 of 6
Mazda Engine Performance \  emissions removal

emissions removal

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 24626
replies 51
following 31

tuna   +1y

I had a second wire harness laying around so i removed the electrical tape to slide them off the wire harness. Then i used electrical tape to cap off the end that was taped to the harness. Now you can insert them backwards in to the firewall. This is just a temporary fix until I redo the firewall.
ward5kustomz   +1y
i like how you moved the harnesses to the outside. im eventualy going to do that to my b. any help would be appreciated
tuna   +1y

I started by removing the battery, then the corner lights next the grill. Remove the windshield wipers then the wiper cowl. Now you can remove the fenders and the driver and passenger inside kick panels. Start unplugging the wire harness. I started on the driver side where the harness comes through the firewall and unplug each connecter. Next you will need to disconnect the hood release cable from the hood latch. Pull the cable down on the right side of the hood latch. This will allow you to have slack in the cable to slide it out of the hood latch. Now that you have the driver side harness unplugged, push the wire harness grommet on the firewall into the cab of the truck. Feed the wire harness through the firewall along with the hood release cable. Now you can do the same for the passenger side. After you finished pushing the wire harness through the firewall on the passenger side you can start cutting your holes. My first hole i cut was just in front of the drivers door. Refer back to my pictures. I used a 2 1/2 inch whole saw and filed out to 2 3/4 inch. for the wire harness grommet. Second hole i used a 1 1/2 inch whole saw and cut just behind the driver side grill bracket towards the top. This will allow the harness to run across the upper part of the core support. Third hole i used a 1 inch. whole saw and cut just behind the passenger side grill bracket towards the top. Your last hole you will cut will be just in front of the passenger side door. Refer back to my pictures. I went to the local hardware store and picked up 4 adel clamps for the wire harness to clamp into on the driver and passenger sides. You can start fishing the wire harness through the new holes and connecting the plugs back together. There are to plugs that you will need to extend the wiring on, the brake reservoir sensor and the wiper motor. I didn't cut and extend my wires. I had a couple extra wire harnesses laying around and was able to make an extension using factory plugs. The only part i haven't figured out yet was my hood release cable because i'm not done with that yet. Maybe some other Bscene members can tell you what they did? If you run into to any trouble just reply back and I'll do my best to help you out.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
ram23   +1y
OK so what kind of emmision stuff can you remove on a 1993 EFI?
91_2600i   +1y
On your 4x4 B2600i? Are you looking to reclaim some power, or to clean up the engine bay?

You don't really have much in the way of power robbing emissions. Just a charcoal canister that controls the venting of your gas tank.

When you look at those other vacuum solenoids under the hood, one is to regulate fuel pressure, and the rest are for your 4wd/RFW operation. So there is little there to delete.
ram23   +1y
Oh, ok. Ya just clean things up a bit! Deleting charcole canister causes it to smell in the cab as far as i have heard. Can you delete the different air intake stuff on top of the head? So intake is straight to a filter?
onetan87   +1y
Thanks to all who posted info on this. Just finished mine and it runs sooooo much better but added exhaust and intake
chinpokumon   +1y
For my '87 B2200 I want to clean up the engine bay and restore some power too, but am worried about screwing something up that'll make it WORSE. There are so many check valves, hoses tapping to other hoses, vacuum diaphragms, and unknown devices on there!
Do they all draw vacuum and just need to be capped? Or do some need a source of air flow?
I don't mind leaving it a little ugly if it has a genuine purpose, but I'd love to ditch it all!!

EMJAYS pics are great, but he seems to be ditching his lines for the Weber install. I still have the stock carb, so what do I really need and what can I lose?

I already killed off the air tubes from the exhaust to the air cleaner and that made a nice difference! Now I just need to remove the maze of vacuum lines on the pass side! Thanks!
tuna   +1y
Here are some pictures to help you out.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
tom_mcmullen   +1y
haha i just went out and looked under my hood to do this. and previous owner alredy did it for me haha