Page 2 of 6
Mazda Engine Performance \  emissions removal

emissions removal

Mazda Engine Performance Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 24627
replies 51
following 31

mazdadropped   +1y
yeah in canada i have to get emissions tested every two years , next years my last e test :)
sixt7vdub   +1y
There are a lot of areas in the US that don't require emissions. For example I live in Arizona and there is no smog laws in most of the state.
Cusser   +1y

67VDub means "geographically" most of Arizona doesn't have emissions testing; he's in Prescott Valley, Yavapai County. Maricopa and Pima counties (90% of Arizona population) have strong emissions requirements, stronger than California in many regards. Those counties test all the way back to 1967, California doesn't !!!

67 - I've got a place in Chino Valley, and I've had the same 1971 VW Convertible for years.
thread post photo
tucnrim   +1y

can you remove that with a stock carb? can it cause hesitaions when accelerating? I am cleaning up my pass side and was wondering about that piece. Maybe i need to run a hose from one point of the carb to another for removing it??
chilnviln   +1y

depends. its supposed to work above 1600 ft. elevation by opening up air bleeds in carb to allow more air. higher elevation=less air=richer fuel mixture....so I would assume if you're below that altitude you could junk it and cap off the points on carb. not sure where to reroute lines if above, other than move unit to firewall
tucnrim   +1y
might try it and see tomorrow, i am at 960 ft. thinking i need to check my fuel filter also on my hesitation.
hottopic58   +1y

I'm in cottonwood.. we should start a meet around here soon. hit me up happy dragin!
Cusser   +1y

I'm mostly in Phoenix, about 10% of the time near Chino Valley, have friends in Cornville.

67 VW -my VW is a 1971 Convertible with 1835 DP engine, had since 1976, second owner.
hottopic58   +1y
Friends with Mazda's or VW's.
g-cook   +1y
Tuna what kind of plug did you use to plug the firewall where the harness used to come through and where can I get them. Thanks