Page 3 of 9
Mazda Audio \  Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Bolt in power window regulator and motor for 86 through 93

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 29220
replies 88
following 28

dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
I used some aftermarket 5 wire switches on mine. On the driver side I used the red with yellow and red with blue wires (the thicker ones) and I capped off the other two wires.
mazda-man   +1y
The two "extra" wires are for the auto roll down switch. I looked up the wiring diagram when I did mine. I do not remember the colors of the two wires that you use but you can apply 12v to the wires and figure it out. If you end up appling voltage to the sensor wires the motor just doesn't turn.
91extcab   +1y
I did get the motor figured out as far as what I needed for wires, but came to find out the cables were messed up so it only moved a few inches, got to go get another one before work tomorrow. The actual motor is good so I'm gonna hang onto it for a spare. the passenger side is in and working, just needs final wiring, can't wait to get this project finished. And i've got the passenger side mpv single window switch mounted in the door panel over the original hand crank hole. Will wire the windows into the accessory circuit thru the fuse panel. I'll post my pictures when done.
91extcab   +1y

Got both installed. Can't hear them over even low road noise, or low volume on the radio. Driver side works awesome, the passenger motor seems like its struggling, might just be an old tired motor. I do however need to find a new passenger side mpv switch, mine works to roll the window down, but not up, luckily its just the switch, cause the driver side dual window switch works just fine for passenger up/down operation. And I used the ac wire coming out of the back of the fuse panel for the power window positive since my truck doesn't have ac, but the fuse panel was already wired for it so that made for a perfect fusible power connection. Windows get power with the first click of the ignition.
cvillen17   +1y

use a motor from a ford vehicle
anguswilly   +1y
Ok, so I just did mine but I bought new regulators because I could find them online for under $40/ea.

One problem I ran into is that when mounting them as shown in the OP - the motor rubbed the window and killed my week old window tint -

BUT!

I found that there are holes just below the original window crank holes that magically line right up to the honda motor - all 3 holes!! - don't tell me that's just a coincidence...

They work great, I used a Spal window switch kit and 14ga wire - they are really fast and no more noisy than any other car.
Post was last edited on Nov 15, 2012 08:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
89mazdalade   +1y
are these regulators off a 4 door or 2 door honda accord??
anguswilly   +1y

I used the 2 door ones, but looked at them both and there is no difference in the parts we need, the 2dr vs. 4dr only the tracks are different - we throw those out anyway.
89mazdalade   +1y

ok found them on ebay orderin them now thanks
anguswilly   +1y
Also, if you have one, I recommend a soldering gun with a cutting tip to cut the plastic guide on the accord, this way you will not nick the cable by accident - you could also carefully heat the plastic with a torch and when it's soft then pull out the cable - I almost wrecked a cable...