Mazda Audio \  STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

STD cabs: Show me your sub boxes

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 21412
replies 71
following 26

crazymikey   +1y
Hey guys,

I'm having problems with getting/making a sub box that fill fit my truck. Immortal1 was kind enough to try and help me out because I wanted to basically replicate his box,but I have to cut out the hump on my back wall...

Anyways,I have 6x9s in seperate boxes bhind my seats,with the speakers facing up. I also have a centre console which makes space tight for a sub. I have a 10" sub and it's mounting depth is only 4.5". There is 9.25" between the seats,so basically I need something where the sit can sit between,but mounted behind the seats so they can slide and recline all the way back. I was thinking I either need a shallow and narrow box,which may be quite compromising to the sound,or I could have something built,like a wedge box that goes across the whole back wall and encloses both my speakers and my sub together.

For you guys with subs in a std cab,if you've got pics of your setup,I'd like to see them,along with dimesions if possible.

Thanks!
crazymikey   +1y
...aaaaanyboooody? *crickets*
nytrdr24   +1y
i wish i had gotten pics back in the day of the one i built, but i had a bench seat.......i set my seat to where it would give me the most let room yet still have enough room for a box, i measured @ the bottom to see how much room i had, & measured @ the top. the top being skinnier than the bottom, and the portion from the floor board to the top of the tranny was perpendicular, then the slope started from there to the top. i essentially built two boxes & joined them with a solid back & front something like this, i know it's crude, but it'll give you an idea

to compensate for the lack of space, i ported the box (indicated by the *) the speakers [ indicated by () ] were two jl audio 10's single voice coil & were pretty shallow, & i mounted my amps (+++) inbetween the speakers & ran my wiring down the tranny hump & up inbetween the two boxes
maybe that will give you a little idea...
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Mike, have a look and let me know if this will work. I don't have access to either Mazda at the moment so I had to guess at some of the dimensions. If this will work, I can do up a better diagram with exact dimensions.
thread post photo
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
OOPS - forgot to include hump in the back of the cab. Box for 6x9 could be nothing more than a top plate (cut to fit available space) and attached to sub/amp box. Add a filler plate to the front (no bottom or back). Might have to put some DynoMat on the sheet metal near the 6x9's - maybe not.
watt   +1y
h2o your seats look hella comfy
devb22   +1y

I second that!

What are they out of??

Please share!

Dev
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
they are out of a 2002 chrysler sebring. black leather power seats.
devb22   +1y

Nice!

How comfy are they? I assume you had to fab up some brackets?

Looks good!

Dev