Page 4 of 7
General Discussion \  lowest zu?

lowest zu?

General Discussion
views 8063
replies 65
following 15

low_pup   +1y
ok here is how i see it, you are 6'6 and you have your elbow on the top of the truck and it looks like you are standing almost straight up with minimal slouch. i am 6'0 and my elbow is 44 inches off the ground, add 3-6 inches and that sounds like the height of an isuzu laying doors, between 47 and 48 inches.

not trying to burn you or anything but "measurment from the ground to the top of the roof was 36 and 1/8 inch" is not happening unless you dont know how to use a tape mesure. not with your given height and how you stand agenst the truck, and the fact that only the air cleaner is poking thrue the hood when if the truck had all that sectioning done to it the head would prob. be sticking out of the hood.
isuzueh   +1y

possibly becasue he was to damn big to fit in the thing anymore lol
brianbgboy   +1y
first of all nutsack, that very picture is from minitruckin magazine, and it was taken by joe greeves. my hand is on the roof not elbow, elbow is about 2-3 inches above roof. the guy in front of me is my brother-in law adam, and he is 5'7"! joe greeves asked us to stand like that for the picture after the awards ceremony.(all of us in the picture are from my club, lowlife minis) i had to stoop behind adam to get my head in the picture. as far as the engine, the front frame was clipped and engine dropped 3 inches. oil pan cut down and used an external tank. valve cover cut in the front to clear the hood and air cleaner was modified as well. my zu was all out chopped up. it was built to be the lowest not the prettiest, and it fucked up many peoples mind then, and still is today when pics surface. as far as the cant read a tape measure, you need to check your poor scientific judgement skills before trying to analize something you know nothing about. bottom line is, mine was LOWER than yours 10 years ago, and still is today, which is what this topic is about, or at least i thought
brianbgboy   +1y
possibly becasue he was to damn big to fit in the thing anymore lol[/quote man, am i glad some actually payed attention. when finished i sank the seats in the floor 2 inches, and my head still hit the roof. and driving to a show with taco neck sucked ass!!!!
speedylowz   +1y
yup Brian is right about the pic I had to scan that pic, because I had it in my scrapbook,back when i had my first zoo I use to look at the pic all the time & wish mine was that low!!!! I really wouldn't mind bodydropping one to the doors But Wes would have to be the brains behind it ,cause Welding & suspension geometry are not my strong points. Didn't know u had that much work done to that Zoo Brian!!!
brianbgboy   +1y
ALL THAT WORK AND THEN SOME!!!!!!!!!COUNTLESS HOURS OF FIGURING OUT WHERE TO PUT SHIT, AND MAKE BRACKETS FOR ALL OF IT. ASS LOAD OF HEADACHES. JUST TO THINK OF REDOING IT, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I AM AN OLD FART TOO MAKES ME, UM WELL, QUITE HAPPY ACTUALLY
blackls1   +1y
I can't wait to see it. 36" is kick ass. Cut the back of the cab slide the seats back. Whatever it takes. But I'm 5'8" so we don't really have the same fitment problems.
brianbgboy   +1y
it is not only the height that kills me, i am a 345 lb fat ass so top to bottom and front to back is tight. the new version will still be tight, but will be more user friendly shall we say. also, i have a chevy crew cab dually to haul my ass around in, so i will only need to drive the zu off the trailer and around the show. make sure you guys are looking down some at shows, or you will look right over me. i will get on the zu as soon as the dually is done. later, bgboy
blackls1   +1y
You call yourself a old fart.? How old are you if you don't mind me askin. I tell people I'm as old as dirt and twice as nasty.
brianbgboy   +1y
i am 33 going on 70. at least that is what it feels like! i just think i am old compaered to most of the mini guys i am friends with, except all the old ones i am also friends with!! later, brian