threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Rewiring a whole truck? how much?

Rewiring a whole truck? how much?

General Discussion
views 20814
replies 11
following 11

projectneverdone   +1y
The whole wiring harness in my truck i think is a nightmare. I want to have a shop rewire the hole truck. How much do you think it would be for parts? Then too install it. Just a ball park figure. thanx alot guys
no1lowr   +1y
a harness is like 150 bucks, to wire it prolly like 400-600
smorrison1   +1y
make sure you take it to a dealership.

you may pay more, but youll get what you pay for in that situation.
zip tyd   +1y
I thought about re-doing mine, but it seems like a real nightmare pain in the ass.
holcombe347   +1y
when you say the whole truck are you talking the interior wiring harness to or just the motor/ lighting harness? that would be relatively easy to do yourself.... it if you have to pull the dash out to get that part of it that it sucks balls. i had mine tore apart a while back and what a cluster f*** that is. lol. good luck with everything, hope it cures your problem.
onelowminitruckr   +1y
I am doing a 67 impala where I work, but swapping out to a newer style fuse block and installing a digital dash and we are charging about $2300
yodaforce   +1y
Ron Francis wire works or Painless wiring, about $300-$400 for a QUALITY universal harness. Getting someone who knows what they are doing to get it in $25-$30 per hour. About 20-25 hours total to strip out the old harness (minus computer to engine functions for Feul injection) and install the new one. One thing to consider when going with a new harness is to use the aftermarket switches and ignition to make integrating the harness easier and faster (plus, billet switches are very nice compared to the factory plastic).

NEVER go to the dealership for custom work. First off, it's not why they're there. They are for warranty or factory service. Sure, they might do it, but it may cost more than your truck is worth.

If you were closer, I would take the job. Right now I restore classic cars, but by the beginning of next year I should have my custom shop open for business.

By the way, for $2300, I would BUILD a wiring harness from scratch! That is sick, Especially since it's on an old carbureted car with maybe 4 wires in the engine compartment and 20 on the whole car!
infectious ways   +1y
while im working on my truck at school im taking a electrics class and i have to wire up a LS1 in a 72 gmc short wide and just the engine harness was 900 bucks and the rest of the truck was another 600 with ditigal gauges if the guy doesnt change his freaking mind again lets just say its a good thing its a frame up resto
twisted minis   +1y
Wiring out here goes for around $75-85 an hour. It gets pricey quick, especially chasing issues. We do it here for $50 an hour and it still adds up fast. Not hard to drop $1000 in labor alone on wiring.
coolrollawgn   +1y
guess i got ripped off then i built new harnesses and completely wired an s10 in exchange for some body work but i hate body work and love wiring so to me it was worth it.