Page 6 of 11
Dually Projects \  Project: Clifford

Project: Clifford

Dually Projects
views 24231
replies 107
following 11

dajizz   +1y
Summer storm came in today so everything got a bit wet. But my gear driven compressor came in today! Took some quick pics during the test fit. I cut 3/4 in slice in frame to make it fit. Could even done it with 1/2 in. Gonna clean the cut up reinforce there. (Same for the other side with the a/c unit).

With some careful planning, one could use the factory engine mount location and use this setup. Its a tight fit, but it can be done. Even more so if its not going into a bagged or body dropped frame. I can take better pics once I'm done.

This unit came from a 12v out of a ford school bus. Not sure on year. Going to take the hydraulic pump off to see if the stock pump will work (for ease of pressure lines and fluid tank)

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

Found some rust here and decided to cut it all out and shave it flat since I was going to do it anyway
dajizz   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

Its hard to make out since it was getting dark, but will be reinforcing the mid mount area and finish welding the underside

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
Hope to get the frame finished and the cab on for good tomorrow!
dajizz   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
I dislike sheet metal work. Mainly since I don't have the fancy tools to make it easy. But managed to make it look decent. Now to prime and paint it
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
dajizz   +1y
Put some more work in today since my football team sucked lol
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

And that's just primer and rattle can! This isn't the exact color, but close enough for right now
dajizz   +1y
On to the last of this tranny tunnel. Starting to get decent at it now haha

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I really can't wait to get this part done so I get get the cab back on and hook everything up and start this beast up!
75dually   +1y
Looking great man! Keep up the good work!