Page 4 of 11
Dually Projects \  Project: Clifford

Project: Clifford

Dually Projects
views 24188
replies 107
following 11

dajizz   +1y
Got some work done this weekend. The engine and trans are back together and set in the frame for mock up. I have this thing as low as it csn possibly go before hitting the ground. Still cutting it close for a stock hood. Fingers crossed! Ended up notching the suspension cross member 2in for max drop. Gonna need to drop the center steering link too. This week i plan on fabbing the front frame horn gussets that will also integrate into the front engine mount. Was able to borrow a gear driven air compressor off a 24v industrial truck. It didnt quite fit, but it wasnt quite the right model i was looking for so the search continues with that

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The trans was a little low in this pic, so the engine doesnt really tilt back that far
thread post photo
ryridesmotox   +1y
It's coming along nicely. How are you getting around smog and stuff swapping to the diesel? California is terrible for this kind of thing
dajizz   +1y
For right now i have a guy that takes care of any smog hassle. But once the truck is running im going to the referee to change it to diesel from gas
ryridesmotox   +1y
Sweet. My local smog guy just got screwed. I need to find another one. I'm going to try and find a 6.5/6.2 equipped dually so it doesn't have to be smogged and I can put whatever motor I want.
dajizz   +1y
Not much time tonite. Pulled the injection pump. Replaced the lifter galley gasket. Gonna turn the timing up when i put the pump back on. Its set stock at 13
dajizz   +1y
Finally got some "winter" weather with rain last couple days, not much work done. Did get templates for bellhousing mounts figured out. Using plates on either side of the bellhousing using the bottom two bolts to sandwich together. This required drilling out those two holes on either side of the motor. New grade 8 thru bolts and nuts do the job. Using four link end link bushings to bring frame and engine together. These are low, simple and should stay well away from the aircompressor setup and downpipe.

Ordered a bunch of needed parts but only got the oil pan parts. Guess thats what i get to work on this weekend. Pics to come tomorrow with progress!
dajizz   +1y
Okay, as promised. But not as much as i wanted. Some parts i needed didnt show up till today.

thread post photo

Gonna just stick this here for now. Gonna sling it under the frame when the straps come in. Dont know about the filler neck tho. I might move it to the side. Would be a pain to fill if theres a trailer or goose neck hooked on the truck. Any ideas?

thread post photo

Hard to see, but this is part of the midships mount. Waiting on the bushings still to mock and weld up, but looking like this will work out. The driver side here is a challenge cuz the upper bolt hole is very close to the starter body

thread post photo
ryridesmotox   +1y
Looks like its coming along well. What did you get the fuel tank out of?
mdub4life29   +1y
^^^ I believe suburban or blazer
dajizz   +1y
Its a '73-'87 body style suburban/blazer tank. Brand new from ebay for 93 bucks. 23 gal