Page 11 of 11
Dually Projects \  Project: Clifford

Project: Clifford

Dually Projects
views 24185
replies 107
following 11

dajizz   +1y
Well the dodge radiator doesn't seem that it's going to work. The kicker is that when i did the frame Z, i moved the suspension forward a bit too far to get the front wheel lined up better. But now the steering box is in the way of the radiator. The smaller chevy rad was working by shifting it to the passenger side a few inches, but the chore of adapting different hose sizes was getting frustrating. So i bought a dodge rad but it wont fit because its so wide.

So does anyone know of a place that makes custom reducer bushings? The exhaust pipe stuff doesn't have the right sizing, and only leaves trying to find a muffler shop that can custom make some.

Or maybe spend ALOT more money and convert to rack and pinion? hahaha
ghostwhite   +1y
We have used a hose place here in Vegas for stuff at work and they use a machine similar to a custom exhaust shop to expand or shrink pipe/tube to the exact size we needed. Might be work checking into, there is also a good selection of silicone hoses online that can adapt to various sizes.
dajizz   +1y
Man, its seems life is always pulling you away from the projects!
But did some work on it last couple days.
I hard lined the pressure input and bypass lines to the steering box down to the firewall. Just need to come up with a way to clamp the lines, but I should have something at work.
Also measured all the rubber lines to be crimped tomorrow at work. Sometimes it pays off to be a heavy equipment mechanic!
And wasn't trusting my work on the hydraulic pump, so im biting the bullet and taking it to another shop to be gone thru and pressure turned down. I will be very happy to get this p/s system worked out, it really takes some doing to build something from scratch and do it somewhat clean the first time.
dajizz   +1y
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Oct 14, 2016 03:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
ghostwhite   +1y
Looks good, nice to see some updates.
dajizz   +1y
Did a couple things this evening. Got these adaptors from JagsThatRun.com for a good price and they are nice! Test fitted them, gonna do a lil more trimming.
I also ordered a ThorBros parallel 4link, panhard, bag brackets. plus some heater hose and tubing to the air compressor
post photo
Lonndog   +1y
Looking great man! Love for you to go over the PS system you got going on. I have an 86 that looks kust like your. Funny enough with the same rust. Good puck will be following to see the rest of the build. L8R