Page 5 of 63
Dually Projects \  75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

Dually Projects
views 171981
replies 621
following 62

iarodder   +1y
My dually is a big block as well but at least this one is STOCK compared to the monster I had in the '53. I will admit the '53 was the most fun I have ever had, I mean when you could do rolling burnouts at 75mph who could argue with that. But 3-4 mpg sux!
75dually   +1y
The hood on the truck got some attention tonight. I welded up the holes for the chrome hood emblem. Then a little plastic body filler. Tomorrow I will sand it down and prime it. Even though it was a little cold out tonight it was good to work in the shop after a very long week.
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
Been a pretty productive day. Got the shop cleaned up so I could turn the dually around. Finally got the Suburban out of the shop and the 56 Buick back in shop. Whew!

So hopefully tonight I will start to take the bed off. Stay tuned...
post photo
75dually   +1y
I wimped out on taking the bed off tonight. It was too cold to lay on the shop floor tonight...

So instead I worked on the nose job from last night. Got some final sanding to still do, but for now it is real close. Took the picture below while the primer was still drying. OK so I'm impatient...
post photo
duallylaid   +1y
Coming along nicely. That 53 was sick.
iarodder   +1y

Thanks I miss the power but I don't miss feeding it. 600 H.P. was a lot of fun! The sound of the truck running was awesome it was a .652 lift solid roller with 11:1 compresion and a 3800 stall in a T.H. 400.
75dually   +1y
The bed is now off! Too much West TX dust and dirt in those frame rails. At least I got my minerals today!

Now the real work begins. Have to pull the rear end out of the Suburban and switch it for the dually rear end. That is going to be no fun at all.

I am going tomorrow to pick up the steel, 3"x5" 1/4" wall tubing to start with along with some 1/4" plate to start making the mounting plates for the rear air bags.
post photo
post photo
big bear   +1y
hell yes
04_duramax   +1y

Look at that blank canvas! i like doin the rear suspension, but i get burned out on the front very fast! lol. gonna be a sweet truck man, i think its awesome to know how many people out there are building these trucks. im near Mcalester,Oklahoma, i feel ya on the cold nights lately. i just drink a ton of coffee and crank the radio. if i stop very long i get cold then im down for the count lol.
75dually   +1y
Steel Baby!

Picked up my steel order this afternoon during lunch. Some 5x3 1/4" for the frame rails, some 2x2 1/4", and some 1/4" plate for grins and giggles. As soon as I can get the rear ends swapped out I will start on turning this blank canvas into a slammed ride!
post photo