Page 3 of 63
Dually Projects \  75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

Dually Projects
views 171966
replies 621
following 62

comegetsome   +1y
Here is some real world feedback from my dually.....i have 6 1/2 valves on mine(4 for front...rear is T'd together)....when the tank is at 200 psi it lifts quick but isnt violent fast....3/8 would be my suggestion....my valves are mounted under cab about middle of rear doors....if you have your front valves mounted at rear of truck it will lift alot slower....i am running firestone 2600s on the front of mine and it lifts my Cummins just fine and rides great teamed up with my Monroe SensaTracs.....on the rear i have a set of Chassis Tech 3800lb bags mounted over axle.....always heard horror stories about CT but decided to give them a try once and im not disappointed with there bags.....and they will handle plenty of weight.....takes about 15psi to ride in the rear and about 100 i can drive anywhere in the front....90 if i wanna ride low....on the rear i have some stock Dodge 2500 shocks off a 2012 truck...my buddy does lift kits for a dealer and he had some brand new ones layin around.....truck rides awesome....i have
people that have never rode in a bagged truck ride in it tell me they cant believe it rides that good....and the more people that are in it the better it rides...hope that helps alittle
thread post photo

thread post photo
75dually   +1y
That is good to hear on the copper tubes! I am glad to hear that because I thought it sounded like a sound way to do a system.
75dually   +1y

Man that was great! I too have used CT products and have no complaints. Thank you so much for all the photos! I have a 3/8" one piece valve body. I think your suggestion of central mounting is very good. From my old project I have a 3 gallon tank. I think I will go to a 5 gallon, either aluminum or stainless steel with dual air pumps. I am also planning on using hard lines, copper or steel. Can't stand the plastic DOT lines. A question on your front end, do you have a dropped spindle? If so what brand? Also on your rear end set up do you have a panhard bar or something else?
75dually   +1y
Last night I got my refurbished tilt column installed. I also finished up a large majority of the wire harness install as well. I pulled the entire harness out of my donor Suburban, painstakenly labeled everything, and man I am glad I did because it made installing it in the dually much easier.

I had my column redone at a local shop. This too was also out of the donor Suburban. It had some internal broken pieces and needed to be redone. It turns out it was cheaper to get it rebuilt than to buy a salvage yard column. Although these are ugly pictures and don't show much there was a lot of work to get everything this far.
post photo
post photo
bk2life   +1y

always rebuild'em, junk yard units are just like yours that need rebuilt also. so you pay double in the long run.

nice billet stalks are real cheap and help the look if you're goin custom at all..
bk2life   +1y

always rebuild'em, junk yard units are just like yours that need rebuilt also. so you pay double in the long run.

nice billet stalks are real cheap and help the look if you're goin custom at all..
comegetsome   +1y
Yea Hardline is always a good investment i plan to harline mine one day....i would run atleast 5 gallons....thats what mine has and if the tank is on 200 and i pick front and rear up it drops to about 120psi....when i had 10 gallons it would drop to about 160...on the front i do have drop spindles but idk for sure what brand they are but guy said he thought they were Western Chassis....i have my front arms narrowed 1 inch...and i dont have a Panhard bar....a welded solid 2 link wont allow side to side movement....i had a panhard bar when i did my first setup and it pulled the rear end over and run doglegged to bad so i took it off...
75dually   +1y

Do you know of a good place for billet stalks? That sounds like a good idea.
75dually   +1y
Today was a busy day in the shop. I pulled both the front and rear seats out. They need to be redone. I am going to start to look for a good shop in town who can redo them. I also layed out all the interior trim to make sure nothing walked off. It is like a tinker toy set!

I statred to clean up the grille. I took the 2 side pieces that cover the headlamps and polished them up. Man were they rough looking! But some excellent chrome polish and soap and water got them cleaned up. The I masked them off and shot some gloss black. They turned out great.

I am getting ready to shoot the dash in a light grey. I started with the glove box and tomorrow I will mask off everything and finish up.

Last night I finished the headliner. I am using the backer board out of the Suburban. It fits perfect! Going to need some help getting that in. Gonna have to bribe one of the kids...
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
I was checking on line last night for upholstery kits for the bench seats for my project truck. Man are they expensive! Yeah I could find some cheap items, but they were just cheap vinyl replacements. And the balance of what I found were... how do I say this... UGLY!

So I had an idea... What if I put in some sport car seats as replacements. See below one of the types I was looking at. 2 in front, and 3 across the back. I measured today and it would fit perfectly. Oh yeah and I could buy all 5 seats for what the "good" upholstery replacements would cost me.

Your thoughts??? What do you think???
post photo