Page 4 of 63
Dually Projects \  75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

Dually Projects
views 171976
replies 621
following 62

tahoe_on 44s   +1y
great minds think alike lol. i was talking to one of my buddies last night looking over my truck and he had the same idea i think it would look killer with 2fr and 3rr or even 2rr and a full console down the center and they are cheap as you were saying on ebay like 120 to 200 for a decent pair and can get em in just about any color i wont be doin interior for a while but keep me posted on how they turn out if you do it up.
tahoe_on 44s   +1y
also keep posted on the bags bout to bag and bd mine as soon as i scratch up the money
75dually   +1y

Man I am the same way, just need some more dough!

The 5 seats idea really hit a cord with me. I have an old racing seat similar to the last picture and I put it in the stripped down interior. It looked right! I also think you are correct that a center console all the way down the middle would be killer. I will have to see once we get that far. But 5 racing seats, now that would be interesting...

I will let you know how the air ride stuff turns out. That portion of the project is going to take a good bit of time, and money...
75dually   +1y
OK a small update. This week has been very busy with work, but I got an hour here and there and I finished the front grille. Not a show grille by any means, but I would rather spend money in other areas right now and work on that at a later date. It will do for now...

I also picked up some paint and primer this week as well. No time to do any real painting right now, and we just got hit with a cold front that is supposed to last until Saturday evening, so the primer and paint will have to wait. However I will be doing a lot of body work to get ready to shoot some paint once it warms back up.
post photo
post photo
iarodder   +1y
That grill is a classic choice, I just picked up an 89 burb and I am going to do the same thing to mine.
75dually   +1y
So what plans do you have for your Suburban? Do you have a build thread on this website? Also what year is your dually?

I think a small child could just about pick up what is left of my Suburban... I have taken just about everything off it that is worth anything. The engine is was why I bought that ride, but it also had a ton of great parts that have transfered over to my dually.
iarodder   +1y
The burb was just merely an engine/ tranny combo purchase, but the interior, tinted windows, windshield, power windows, grill assy, bumpers, etc. is just bonus material for my dually. The rest is going to be sold off as scrap. I would like to sell the doors and tires, and the tilt column as they are all in excelent shape. Just see how it goes as we are heading into winter and I don't have a lot of storage for the extra stuff. I can't build my truck till spring as it won't fit in my shop and I have a 49 chevy car to build for someone else (reason for buying the burb for the engine/ tranny) My dually is a 91 square body
75dually   +1y
Yeah my 56 Buick got booted from the shop so I could do this project. It is sitting outside under a cover. Luckly the winters in Lubbock, TX are less harsh than where you live.

I would suggest that you just swap the doors on your dually, putting power windows on a non power window vehicle is a serious pain. Much easier to just switch out the doors and shoot paint than all that other work.
post photo
iarodder   +1y
Well here is my new ride, the green car, and my truck that I sold this year cause I was tired of feeding it (468 B.B.) My only question is what about wiring in the cab for the doors? I have another 49 car I am building this winter same as my green one.
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
I like both of those rides! I almost bought a 49 when we lived in Ohio, but it was a rust bucket. The more you dug into it the more rust you found. The truck is awsome, but I understand about feeding them. Of course I have a big block in the dually so I am one to talk.

The wiring can be a big issue. I would say that unless your vehicle came with those options it is very unlikely that you have the wiring and the connectors to plug into. What I did was take out the entire wiring harness out of the burb and replace the older harness in the dually along with the doors. It took me quite a while to label everything, but it paid off when it came time to snap everything back together in the dually. Basically the electric windows and electric door locks all tie back into the main harness with a bulk of it coming from the drivers door because it has the 4 window switches. Also if you have hand crank windows and no power locks you will not have an electrical passage and rubber conduit between the door and the pillar. If you do have it then you are better off than I was. In the long run it is more plug and play if you simply replace the doors that already have these items installed, than stripping it out of one set of doors and trying to fit it into another. Plus it will all be factory which will make the end result even better in my book.