Page 2 of 63
Dually Projects \  75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

Dually Projects
views 171971
replies 621
following 62

75dually   +1y
I was working in the shop today and took the measuring tape out and measured the dually rear end verses the 3/4 ton rear end. The 3/4 ton was 4 inches narrower from rim mounting to rim mounting than the dually. Now I know it limits my hauling capacity somewhat, but hey this is more hot rod than work truck for me...
75dually   +1y
I went and bought one tire this weekend. A 285/45/22 Nitto. I needed it for the machine shop to make sure they get the rims cut correctly. Wanted to see it up against the stock wheel. They are roughly the same height, which means I can use one of my 8 lugs as a spare!
post photo
comegetsome   +1y
My dually has a stock SRW axle under it with 4 semis out back and they clear the fenders with 265/35-22 tires....if those 285s arent alot wider then you wont have to modify your fenders at all...that is if the 3/4 ton Suburban rear and SRW truck rears are the same length
75dually   +1y
I certainly hope that rear end works out. I have so many other items to acomplish that it would be nice to have one be that easy.
75dually   +1y
I really need your guys help. I have a big question on which air bags I should use for this ride??? I have a set of 4 - 2600# bags, 245C's that are from a former project and were never used. My truck has a big block and I want to retain the stock a-arms if at all possible. I will build a link system out back, but not exactly sure of the exact system yet. Most likely heavy link arms with the bag sitting on top of them.

Should I use the bags I have? Or if I need something else what have you used that worked. Ride quality is very high on my list.

Also have any of you used 3/8's verese 1/2 air lines? Which worked better for you?

The air ride companies out there are simply trying to sell you something and I don't trust them and their advice. I am looking for what you have used in the real world. What works and what does not work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
iarodder   +1y
I haven't gotten mine bagged yet but I have bought everything, I'm going to run semi bags in the rear (good year 2B9-251's) and slam specialties RE-8's in the front. I'm going to run all 3/8" for line, valves, etc. If you ever want to pull a trailer you should run the rear bags on top of the rear end, not on the link bars there is a chance you could bend the bars with a load on them. Just my .02 worth? Everyone on here is very helpful, just spend lots of time reading what everyone else has done you will learn alot on here.
lophat   +1y
Heyo. I am biased and only use slam bags. Never had an issue and they are a nice, durable quality bag.

They ride fantastic in a heavier vehicle. I'd use the slam bags over the ones you have.

Id say the 3/8 or 1/2" valves will both be quick. 1/2" obviously more than 3/8...but it's not that noticeable.

Be careful with the airline near the motor cause the heat will definitely melt that airline. Use braided hose up front or just keep that hose inside the frame rails away from the heat and You'll be good.
75dually   +1y
Great suggestion. Once I get the truck turned around in the shop and start working on the rear end I will finalize my plans. Thanks again!
75dually   +1y
I have heard of guys running copper 1/2 inch lines to all 4 corners with great results. A least you wont be able to melt those lines!
layd86dually   +1y
i have all copper on my 65 impala that Ekstesve Metalworks bagged 6 years ago and it stays aired for a month and has never needed repaired