Page 7 of 63
Dually Projects \  75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

75 Dually Project - 22s and stylin

Dually Projects
views 172210
replies 621
following 62

comegetsome   +1y
Same length as my rear end.....they are kinda tight but they fit in there good on mine with 4 semis out back
75dually   +1y
Tonight after work I got out the tools and did some fab work. I started out by cutting a 2" hole through my 2"x2"x1/4" stock, and then I cut it down the center into 2 pieces. This way I now had two fish cuts ready to be mated to the cross tubes.

I then took the cross tube and welded it to the new trailing arm. Aftter that I cleaned up the welds I then gave it some primer to protect all the hard work.

Enjoy the photos! Yeah I am a photo junkie too... Let me know what you think!
post photo
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
Here is the finished trailing arm.
post photo
75dually   +1y

What size tires are you running out back and up front? How tight is your clearance out back?

Also do you have the narrower front brakes on your new ride? If so when it is lowered how is your turning? Any issues with the tires hitting the steering box?
comegetsome   +1y
Im running 265/35-22s all around....my front control arms are shortened 1 inch with stock dually hubs....the shorter arms kill the lift alittle but not enough that im worried cause it will clear the tires by a good bit....i can turn real low and the driver tire will hit the firewall before it hits the fender and passenger side will hit a/c box before it hits fender....it rubs the steering box right before it hits full lock to right so it didnt affect turning radius any....theres rub marks on my steering box but hasnt tried to cut my tires or anything like that.....and it only rubs turning low
thread post photo

thread post photo
75dually   +1y
OK I hate to ask this but... who is Josh Rowan? And why do you hate him so???

On a better subject did you have to cut your firewall on your new ride?
comegetsome   +1y
Im a member of Xtreme Lowz Southeast GA chapter....Josh Rowan is a member of XL he has the southwest chapter.....he created the "I Hate Josh "mofuggin" Rowan" stickers and send them out to anybody that wants one....they are meant to do away with hate in the show scene by bringing everybody together....add him on Facebook Josh XLGA Rowan....he has stickers all over the country but let me warn ya he might be offensive to some lol....and no the firewall hasnt been tubbed
75dually   +1y
Another night in the shop. Got my second trailing arm completed. I even went and started to fit the bushings. Now I will have to trim the connecting tubes down so that they will be able to flex and not hit the mounts when the rear end moves over uneven pavement.

Next on the list is to get the rear end cleaned up. I have to take all the old mounts off and grind the old welds down. A buddy offered his torch to cut them off, but I think I will wait till I can order my new plasma cutter. ...But honey I "need" it for this project... Hey it's worth a try anyway!
post photo
post photo
post photo
big bear   +1y
Lookin good
75dually   +1y
Ordered my new spring perches last night from Jegs. Yeah it is a small item, but without them your not rolling down the road.
post photo