Page 6 of 6
Dually Engine \  454 hard to start

454 hard to start

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 17158
replies 54
following 14

brianbgboy   +1y
This is an old post, anyhow, I have been running them for years now without a single issue or codes! If you are getting a lean code you have pump or regulator issues, or your converters are clogged causing high o2 readings and the PCM thinks it's lean!
towtheracer   +1y
Been reading the posts regarding the injector upgrades for the 454. I recently purchased my 1996 extended cab 2wd 4.10 geared, dually specifically for towing my 7000# race car trailer. Truck has just over 100k and for the most part, seems to run well but has little power. Less than my 2006 1/2 ton 5.3. I gutted the convertors and welded them back up. Stock single exhaust, new muffler. New cap, rotor, wires, plugs. Compression decent. Slight miss at idle. Noticeable at tailpipe. None apparant while driving. No check engine light. No hot start issues. New fuel filter. Great truck but absolutely not a towing machine. My question: with what I have described, will the injector upgrade make a huge difference in your opinion?
towtheracer   +1y
Got the wait4me tune. Seems to make a positive difference, although I have yet to pull my trailer since installing it. Still have the miss. I wonder if one of the injectors could be acting up? No noticeable miss at speed. Love the truck. Wish it had more power.

desert_freak915   +1y
check your distributor gear. mine was chewed up causing it to have a slight miss. replaced it with a brass version of it that is supposed to last longer. the cam gears are notorious for chewing up the distributor gears on the 7.4l.
krewzlo   +1y
I know this is a really old thread but trying to find the part number for these injectors, fiveomotorsports looks like they have new numbers and wanting to make sure I get the right ones. Anyone know the new number by chance?
Post was last edited on Apr 19, 2016 01:04. This post has been edited 1 times.