Page 3 of 6
Dually Engine \  454 hard to start

454 hard to start

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 17157
replies 54
following 14

brianbgboy   +1y
you can get them anywhere. the injectors are from the 4.6 liter mustang. i will get the part # for them and post it for anyone who may want to get them from anywhere else. i like dealing with five-o due to great customer service, and they will warranty their no matter what. i get all my orders from them within 2-3 days tops. but any autoparts store sells them. later, brian
brianbgboy   +1y
i think i have just as much to offer if not more than both of the clowns we have running this go around let me know if you guys need anything, later, brian
tuckin22   +1y
thanks man cool if you can get that part number id appreciate it.
also what year mustang?
and how did you find out this mod?
thanks
low95xlt   +1y
wait mustang parts on our duallys and it makes them run better wow would have never thought that
brianbgboy   +1y
Bosch 0-280-155-931 is the replacment number for the injectors. i do not have these in my truck though. i have the ones fiveo sells. they are from ford motorsports, still bosch, just have a better flow chart. if you are looking for just a good replacment, go with the # listed above. i you want a little performance, get the fiveo set. they cost a little more money, but have a better warranty. i do a lot of engine stuff, from tune ups to complete drag engine work. i tried a few different injectors before deciding on these. car manufacturers do not make injectors. they have an outsource build them to their specs, so pretty much most have similiar designs, and will cross reference in other vehicles. it is just getting the correct flow, and pressure that changes them. later, brian
brianbgboy   +1y
Bosch 0-280-155-931 is the replacment number for the injectors. i do not have these in my truck though. i have the ones fiveo sells. they are from ford motorsports, still bosch, just have a better flow chart. if you are looking for just a good replacment, go with the # listed above. i you want a little performance, get the fiveo set. they cost a little more money, but have a better warranty. i do a lot of engine stuff, from tune ups to complete drag engine work. i tried a few different injectors before deciding on these. car manufacturers do not make injectors. they have an outsource build them to their specs, so pretty much most have similiar designs, and will cross reference in other vehicles. it is just getting the correct flow, and pressure that changes them. later, brian
okcderek   +1y
Just trying to make sure I understand this right...I have a 99 w/ 454. Those Ford Motorsports injectors will work and perform better..? Only thing done to my motor is K&N FIPK kit and exhaust.
brianbgboy   +1y
yes, they will work much better, better throttle response, helps with the hard starting issue, and help with the damn mileage too i would definatly get the ones from fivomotorsports, just due to the fact that they are a true performance injector. the regular bosch arent, and i may be wrong, but i dont think they flow as many gph(gallons per hour) but will work fine if you just want a stock replacement. i like the power aspect, and run a small cam in my 2000, and it will run like a scalded dog later, brian
rnonelower   +1y
I'm getting ready to buy the injectors today and do alot of towing and am looking for the power aspect what cam do u run and were can I get one also is it a major deal to have one put in.
brianbgboy   +1y
i am running thee chevy performance 454 ho cam. it is the same cam that comes in the 502 performance engine. it is not that bad to install, and it helped a ton with my truck. these big blocks dont like high rpm, but with a cam change, it will pull harder even at a higher rpm. later, brian