Page 5 of 6
Dually Engine \  454 hard to start

454 hard to start

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 17155
replies 54
following 14

okcderek   +1y
Are those a common upgrade for Mustangs.??? The reason I ask is I have some friends that run HP Racing Equipment here in town and they build alot of mustangs for drag racing. I was curious if I could just go out to them to get the injectors and have them install them rather than order them online. Is there a part# for the performance model that you recommended in your post Brian??
rnonelower   +1y
haven't tried them yet but am in need of some let me know how they fit and if you can tell a diff. as I wiil bee ordering some in the next couple months
brianbgboy   +1y
yo okc, the injectors are basic ford motorsports injectors from a later model cobra mustang. the part number from fiveomotorsports is the c-302. if they werent so buried in the engine, there is a ford part number on the injector itself. you can get them at other places, but i have done a lot of buisness with these people and have had all good transactions with them. i had a bad batch of fuel, and my #7 injector went out due to it, and they sent me a new set of 8, and asked to ship the old set back no questions asked. all the ford injectors are based on their flow characteristics, and each are different colors. the ones we need are yellow, and the ones you friend are using for racing mustangs are most likely green due to the 42lb flow rate. these are drop in on our trucks, no mods required, and they will wake up your engine a lot. let me know if you have any questions! later, brian
okcderek   +1y
Cool man, was just trying to get all info I can. And was wondering cause they have what I think is same injector on Ford Racing site...and its like 75.00 cheaper. But not 100% sure it is same part. Thats why I was asking ...

And if they were the same, I could pick them up at local dealership. (I hate ordering parts like that online...I am weird like that)
low95xlt   +1y
ok so with these ford injectors the yellow ones i will notice a difference with these themselves in gas miles and performance?? with nothign else done to my motor?
okcderek   +1y
Thanks for help man, my buddy that runs HP Racing Equipment here in town said he can get them and will get me a price in morning...
tuckin22   +1y
i have them on mine now and it throws the engine lean code but it seems to run better and have a lil more power.
low95xlt   +1y
anyway no to throw the code?
okcderek   +1y
Well I dont want to mess w/ it throwing codes every now and then. Does or did it throw codes in your truck Brian???
408wdy   +1y
any update on these?