Page 4 of 6
Dually Engine \  454 hard to start

454 hard to start

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 17159
replies 54
following 14

tuckin22   +1y
if i have the hypertech programmer will these ford injectors mess with it any?
brianbgboy   +1y
no, it will work just fine. the computer in your truck see injectors, just not what kind!! the hypertech talks to the computer directly, not to any specific part. later, brian
tuckin22   +1y
cool and i might have to get these could it also be a reason of why it runs slugish or could there be some other reason thanks man and sorry for all the ?s
brianbgboy   +1y
what do you call sluggish? is it missing at all? i know these trucks are also horrible for the stupid torque management in the computer from the factory. the converter locks up too early, causing it to feel sluggish. i had my computer re-programed from and had ALL of the torque management removed. it helped tremendously. you should start with the fuel pressure, and go from there. these trucks leave a lot to be desired from the factory, but it's the little things that wake'em up.. later, brian
Post was last edited on Oct 07, 2008 11:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
tuckin22   +1y
its kinda missing sometimes. and then on top of that what is you guys idle at? mine is at like 500 and it sucks. how do you raise the idle on these things?
thanks man ill check into that computer thing.

anywhere else i could look to get more power and/or run better?

sorry to whore this thread

but thanks for all the answers
tuckin22   +1y
its kinda missing sometimes. and then on top of that what is you guys idle at? mine is at like 500 and it sucks. how do you raise the idle on these things?
thanks man ill check into that computer thing.

anywhere else i could look to get more power and/or run better?

sorry to whore this thread

but thanks for all the answers
tuckin22   +1y
haha double post
brianbgboy   +1y
not only a whore, but a double whore my idle is around 700. you have to adjust the idle through a tech 2 computer(dealership mostly the only one who will have it) as far as power, the computer reprogram, headers, injectors, and the 454 h.o. cam really woke my sled up a bunch. there are more things you can do, but you will need all of the above first. later, brian (p.s. i fixed the link to wait4me in the above post)
tuckin22   +1y
cool man thanks i will look in to all of that i might be pming you or starting another thread later
okcderek   +1y
So, any of you guys try the injectors Brian was talking about??? I think I am going to order the performance ones from the site he posted either tommorrow or tuesday.