Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  York 210 swap/install

York 210 swap/install

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2048
replies 9
following 4

okcderek   +1y
Kind of a repair, I have the Airlift EDC kit on my dually. The pulley started squeaking at the 1st of the year. The kit comes w/ a York 209 compressor. I also had a brand new York 210 on my workbench in the garage I was going to put on my old wagon, but never did. Well rather than ordering a new pulley for my 209 I decided to see if I could make the 210 work w/ the brackets from the 209. It really wasn't that much work at all, I had to make one rectangular bracket to mount to the side of the 210 because the 209 mounts w/ 3 bolts & the 210 has 4 bolt holes and is quite a bit bigger compressor. Anyways, I basically have the swap done other than going to pick up a bolt from hardware tomorrow. I also purchased the fittings for the top of the 210 from Kilby Enterprises (think that was the name), but I believe he has quit making them, but I could be wrong. Here are a couple pics of the York 210 installed...

1pic is the York 209 installed..
thread post photo

And here is York 210...
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

I will post pics of finished install soon...
luv2xclr8   +1y
Sweet
okcderek   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

It's in. It is a beast compared to the 209. When it kicks on and I am idling, you can hear it running. Have to get use to that, but no more squeaky pulley.
tuckin22   +1y
whats your fill time now?
so the extra piece you made is it the one in the front by the pulley?
okcderek   +1y
The bracket I got w/ my Airlift kit was a 2-pc bracket. One part was a flat triangle shape w/ 3 mounting holes & the other piece is a bent bracket that mounts to engine. Instead of the triangle piece, I made a rectangle piece w/ 4 bolt holes on it. That piece bolts to the side of the compressor. I have not done a fill time yet. My tanks were still full so haven't really timed it. But its quick..not that my 209 was slow either.
tuckin22   +1y
Cool man.
Also your 209 only went to like 150 right?
And this one goes to 200?
Is that right?

Thanks
okcderek   +1y
No, they both fill to 200psi. The 209 is a badass kit, I was just too lazy to order another pulley. But I will eventually & have a backup compressor on hand.
tuckin22   +1y
OH WELL HELL!!! I guess I will have to get one now. I was under the impression that it only went up to around 150...

Regardless that i might change to the 210 but thanks for the info and looks good..

Thanks
Robert
2tall3500   +1y
I know this is an old thread but I'm curious what length belt you're running on your truck. I am about to install a 210 on my 98 k3500 454 and this is the first pics i have seen for a 210 on a vortec 454. Everything i have found has been 350 engines or tbi 454. At least now i have a starting point for the bracket i need to build.
Post was last edited on Sep 10, 2017 07:09. This post has been edited 2 times.
Page 1 of 1