threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  454 p0107 p0700 p1192 - stalling and surging, help!

454 p0107 p0700 p1192 - stalling and surging, help!

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 925
replies 3
following 2

tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
Recently picked up a 96 454 crew cab dually. I know my way around older carbureted 454s. It ran great first week I had it, however check engine light popped and and it started surging and stalling on me.

Using a cheapo scanner I have p0107 - map sensor low voltage input- replaced sensor with new unit, proved it at idle and get .8 volts which I believe is slightly low- ideal is .9-1.2 if I'm correct. Haven't been able to probe while under throttle due to a lack of hands. I really feel this code is a result of one of the other codes.

P0700 Trans fault code - Trans shifts great. I've read elsewhere this code can be triggered due to an emissions related sensor (02 sensors maybe?) and for whatever reason triggers a Trans fault.

P1192 - undefined code - some say external voltage, some said rear 02 sensor, doesn't seem to have a definite code or source for why it's triggered. Interwebs seem to label it as a mystery code.

Any ideas? Truck has 160k miles, new plugs, wires, appears to have new alternator and distributor cap. I feel it's something simple, however the source is hard to find. Fires right up every time, idles smooth in park, doesn't over heat or blow any smoke. I feel a clogged cat or 02 sensor could be at fault but I'm getting nowhere with smoothing it out and finding the cause of my stalling problems. Frustrating!

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Need to get her running right so I can move forward with getting it on the ground and on some big 10 lug semi wheels!
2low2c   +1y
Sounds like a fuel pump check your rail pressure
2low2c   +1y
Sounds like a fuel pump check your rail pressure
Page 1 of 1