Project D350 Build Thread

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 15851
replies 146
following 71

rodandtruckdesign   +1y
any updates on this terrific build?
bigblueon22s   +1y
Wow.... all I can say is wow! I started reading this thread and I have to admit I was very sceptical in the beginning but this build turned out pretty damn cool, you sir have inspired me! Keep up the good work and please update this thing, I need and have to see this truck in paint!
mjavy7   +1y
WOW,
It takes lexus, chevy and toyota to make a dodge stop :-).
Looks great! Good Job.
tacokane   +1y
Did that not space your wheel out the thickness of the new rotor?
D350   +1y
--------------------------------------------

tacokane said:

Did that not space your wheel out the thickness of the new rotor?

--------------------------------------------

Sorry, brother... I haven't logged on in a while. Yeah, the brake rotor hat is 1/8 inch thick and it acts just like a wheel spacer, which is why I figured I better get longer wheel studs. They still tuck without hitting the fenders but there's no room for error. It will make me nervous driving low after it's painted because I fear the burn spots from the tires rubbing on the newly painted fenders. I think I'll wait to paint until I have some new wheels that tuck in a little more.

So, Unfortunately, I haven't touched the truck in a little while. I started a new job with Toyota, and it absorbs ALL my time. Not to mention they don't allow welding in the shop so I don't really have a place to work on it!!! And of course the holidays don't help progress.

My only update for WYDLOAD D350 is... I blew up the transmission! Yeah buddy! Our Freaks Canada chapter president wanted a ride so I gave him one. It was all fun and games until the truck decided not to go anymore.

I've got a new trans already that supposedly has a few performance upgrades, but as mentioned before, I haven't had the time to work on it! Maybe this coming weekend...
mjavy7   +1y
I hope you can work on it cause I am looking forward to see it finished.
Good luck!
D350   +1y
The new tranny is in!

As I mentioned before, I bought a new performance trans almost immediately after I blew up the old one from a guy I used to work with at the Hot Rod shop.

The day of the swap began with a super exciting hour long drive across Vegas in first gear at 15 miles an hour. My brother followed with hazard lights flashing and ready to tow me if the trans gave out completely.

The swap itself went fairly well. When fabricating, I do the best I can to plan ahead to insure replacing parts in the future won't be a hassle. The transmission tunnel proved to be a failure there. Just getting tools onto the bell housing bolts was a test in patience, not to mention putting the bolts back with the new trans in place. Tool clearance wasn't as big of a concern when building the tunnel as foot and pedal clearance inside.

As far as the transmission itself goes... it works fantastic. I don't know what performance upgrades it has to be honest. It shifts sooner when cruising, but not too soon, and when mashing the gas the shifts are solid and sharp.

Best $200 I've spent in a long time!

On the road again...