Page 1 of 5
Minitruckin' Magazine \  22Below-2001 Ford Ranger Story

22Below-2001 Ford Ranger Story

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 4379
replies 42
following 27

22below   +1y
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger, I bought it new in order to keep myself out of speeding tickets that I had piled up before I turned 20. Along with the reckless driving ticket that sent me to jail for 12 LONG hours.
I had no idea how badass minitrucks could be until I started looking at magazines and what people were doing to them back in 2001. Picked up a minitruckin mag and saw a yota that was bodydropped on 17s, I knew what I wanted to do with my truck. So I got a subscription to truckin and minitruckin in order to see what custom stuff was being done, and got a lot of different ideas for my truck.
So I started by having my truck bagged and on some BIG 20s (at the time not every mini had 20s). (And I have learned that everyone does not care to have BIG wheels). Then the regualr shaving of emblems and handles.

It was the honor of "minitruck of the year" that really got me motivated to think out of the box and work 2 jobs and 75 hours a week in order to buildup enough money to take my truck to someone with experience to build a possible "minitruck of the year". The one truck that I wanted my truck to be able to compete with was or is "Blazarado". That truck has everything, from beautiful motor, interior (stereo setup), insane body mods, and just an overall perfect minitruck in my mind.
Now it has been almost 5 years since the build started and I almost can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a lot of buildup pics from the past 5 years, too many for a forum. But I will post a few, and havent always received praise on my decisions for mods. But I think my truck has a chance of being one of the memorable minitrucks, that motivates that young kid that picks up a mag for the 1st time and is amazed at what people are doing to these minitrucks.
Brad

2fistin   +1y
sik! can't wait to see it done! really original with the mods! love em
SoloSpecialties   +1y
what frontend is that? i know its handmade,but wats the headlights
22below   +1y
Originally posted by SoloSpecialties

what frontend is that? i know its handmade,but wats the headlights

Dodge Charger headlights
cheese   +1y
Edited: 10/1/2008 11:38:16 AM by cheese

THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE SICKEST RANGERS EVER!!! I HOPE TO GET TO SEE IT IN PERSON ONEDAY. KEEP UP THE WORK AND DEDICATION!
grillift   +1y
great looking truck. I really like how you took out the lower body line. I also like how the grill lifts up with the hood.
TwistedKreation   +1y
Damn that is sick an F20 S2K motor? Thats insane. Going to be one of the baddest rangers when its done!
HotRodDime   +1y
hell yeah man, this is one sick ass Ranger!!!!!!!
22below   +1y
Originally posted by HotRodDime

hell yeah man, this is one sick ass Ranger!!!!!!!

Finally! I have been counting the days for Mike Alexander to make a comment on my truck. Now I know its on his radar somewhere. When my truck is all done, I want it in MiniTruckin for the chance to be minitruck of the year. I love that issue, someone wins the truck of the year, a club wins a club of the year, and then a show wins for show of the year.
no1lowr   +1y