Page 1 of 3
Minitruckin' Magazine \  Project: "STOP NAMING YOUR MINITRUCKS! 2003 4runner"

Project: "STOP NAMING YOUR MINITRUCKS! 2003 4runner"

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 2857
replies 29
following 19

e10pvmt   +1y
ok so most know i sold the 98 a while back while i was mid way through building the frame....well i came to a point where it was now or never......i actually traded it in on a 2003 2wd sr5......all i had to change was the IRS location which i hadnt built that part of the frame yet so everything worked fine....so here it is:

2x3 full chassis (although next time i will buy a prefabbed front suspension)
Mark VIII Irs w/ redrilled hubs to a toyota pattern
Rear arms built by me
Custom IFS utilizing pretaco drop spindles, T-bird rack and heim tierods
Afco Upper controal arms
Lowers built by me

Thats all i got right now. Next step is setting up the air ride. I plan on running tanks down the area between the frame and outer rail. i need to setup my bag mounts to lay 22's. There are a few bugs needing to be worked out with the rear arms binding a tad and i am worried about the front steering not having any ackerman and screwing the drivability. that may force me into a toyota steering setup as well but we will see. I now know why 10K for a frame is resonable and anyone who thinks otherwise, lets have a talk.

So in the coming months i will be doing the body mounts, plumbing the air, gas, and brakes and transferring the body over. Rims wont be bought until tax time but i am going with 22's.

I decided to rush and get the frame to slamfest because i start Paramedic school next month and my time for my project will be slim to none until next summer. Oh well though it will be better in the long run anyways.

and at slamfest this weekend on some loaner 18's

jspotmcd   +1y
(Up goes the curtain, oohhh's and ahhh's) Good shit Tony.. im glad the frame made it to the show. I was definatley impressed with control arms.. it definatley made the trip worth it to see it and John's ranger. i cant wait to when u find some time to work on it and i can come help. Next summer like you said, for sure.. and if u need anything before that, hit me up..
bodydropped85   +1y
my sister has that bodystyle 4 runner inteh same color lol. this one should be called SH10PVMNT
acromexicant   +1y
looks good Tony
fatheadjames   +1y
Frame looks good man but do you build the irs arms without any toe adjustment?
e10pvmt   +1y
there isnt any need for toe adjustment...the factory didnt have any either....i setup the spindles parallel to the frame when it was on the rack
e10pvmt   +1y
ooops i stand corrected....the factory irs had the eccentric bolts.....i dont think it will be an issue though
impulse   +1y
I've been waiting to see one of these runners laid out...
e10pvmt   +1y
so have i but not sure when i am going to have time to swap the body over with school starting next month and that is going to consume almost all my free time....maybe over christmas break
Stck2UrGuns   +1y
Originally posted by bagged85

my sister has that bodystyle 4 runner inteh same color lol. this one should be called SH10PVMNT

haha thats an awesome tag, it took me a second glance before I got it.

I can't wait to see this thing laid, doesn't the Lexus have a similar SUV? A front clip swap would really make that thing a cover truck...