Project: "STOP NAMING YOUR MINITRUCKS! 2003 4runner"

Minitruckin' Magazine
views 2871
replies 29
following 19

e10pvmt   +1y
Originally posted by STATUSPITS

Thats gonna look sick when its done.

Arent the rear upper arms supposed to be triangulated?

nope stock arms are a single arm.....no need for is if the bottom takes care of the triangulation...also the rear wheels dont steer so there is no need for triangulation.
bmini94   +1y
Originally posted by e10pvmt

Originally posted by STATUSPITS

Thats gonna look sick when its done.

Arent the rear upper arms supposed to be triangulated?

nope stock arms are a single arm.....no need for is if the bottom takes care of the triangulation...also the rear wheels dont steer so there is no need for triangulation.

well actually that is kind of a false statement. Due the the material that the stock arms are made out of they dont need to be triangulated and wont twist. But round bars are horrible agianst twisting force. Many people who use the tbird or mark8 rears do not triangle the uppers when the really should be

STATUSPITS   +1y
Yea it looks like the spindle would want to rotate during heavy acceleration or breaking.
bmini94   +1y
thats why mine is getting built triangulated and with antidive
e10pvmt   +1y
the arms are a direct copy (just shorter) of a company here in orlando that builds bolt in kits for high horsepower camaros and mustangs....they dont triangulate theirs and there isnt any need to do it to mine....it wont rotate except for slight twisting in the bushing at most.....numerous people have done it this way...its a stock 4runner engine and i wont be running anything remotley close to being able to twist that tubing....as for the anit dive....after discussing it with max and this being a minitruck we agreed it wasnt necessary to have the stock anti dive built into the rear suspension....so i built the arms perpendicular to the frame....IMO it wasnt necessary in my application to do what i though would be overbuilding my frame
ahab   +1y
I like it man. I think you are doing a great job. Looks like youve done your research. I understand everyones new concern for all this anti-dive and instant center angles and shit, but we build our trucks to perform well for what they need to do and look good doing it. If you want a car that will handle like a race car, then build a race car. IVe never seen a racing 4 runner though.
S10TooDamnLow   +1y
Looks great e10pvmt, I think it looks great... Keep the pics coming....
e10pvmt   +1y
man this thread is old....maybe reviving it will light a fire under my ass and get me workin on it more.....not much left of what was there....maybe its time for the scrapyard on the whole thing....who knows
DeepSouthS10   +1y
DONT SCRAP IT!
e10pvmt   +1y
After 5 years of building and taking a break i finally was able to trailer this bitch to a show....i moved back to Orlando with nothing but a mostly finished chassis late last year....teardown began in january and after cutting the 4th version of my IFS off and attaching a new one custom built by Jimmy's Rod & Custom in Edgewater, FL i was finally able to have it at slamfest this past september. Still have a ton more to do but i hope to be driving it sometime next year after my wedding in March.

new specs are:

Full 2x3 chassis
Custom IFS on pretaco spindles
91 Supra IRS narrowed 2"
Wilwood brakes at all 4 corners
Shockwaves in the rear and slam re-7 up front

Still needs:

Drive shaft, fuel cell, axles, and a custom intake manifold to clear the hood

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo