Dice Suspension Components hydraulic line

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 19039
replies 149
following 51

dawgpimp   +1y
--------------------------------------------

tre5 said:

Here's an example of the o-ring fittings...

they use these type of fittings on the hydro systems on rv's. they run the leveling jacks and slide rooms. i have changed valves, tanks,lines, etc and have never had to replace the fittings.

post photo
post photo
tre5   +1y
Yep, I recently learned that Caterpillar uses this style fitting as well.
bdydrppup   +1y

DAWGPIMP said:

tre5 said:

Here's an example of the o-ring fittings...

they use these type of fittings on the hydro systems on rv's. they run the leveling jacks and slide rooms. i have changed valves, tanks,lines, etc and have never had to replace the fittings.

Yep I was going to say the same thing. lol we have never had a problem out of them an make for easy aiming.
post photo
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I welded for Cat for years, and now that you mention it, these fittings are on a lot of their rigs.

I love how easy they are to aim in the direction you need, its much easier!

Taylor
hess   +1y
you mean ANOTHER thing that has already been done? and obviously with no proven track record. it will never work! hahaha
tre5   +1y
Nice use of sarcasm Hess, lol.

Anyway, to keep this thread on track. We finalized our cylinders today and I will have pictures up soon. I was super picky about the cylinder machining so that I know we will have the absolute best cylinders on the market! Our cylinders are not only honed on the inside, but they are also machined very slowly within .001" on the inside walls of the cylinder. There is also a concave machined into the piston of the cylinder which will defer the flow of the oil towards the walls of the cylinder instead of straight at the seals. Then an additional seal on the inside of the lower bushing, riding against the ram, to help seal up the cylinder and keep them from dripping oil.
jdauer02   +1y
Everything in the kit looks great. I cant wait to get to work on the install, the kit pictured will be going into my 05 VW Passat TDI wagon.
tre5   +1y
Cool! Your cylinders will be going out tomorrow. I have them boxed up and ready to go. I just need to get a shipping label on them.
tre5   +1y
Here's some pics of the cylinders...Assembled.Jam nuts.Machined inner cylinder wall.Piston. It has two rubber o-rings and one polypak seal, as well as rubber wipers. Also notice the concave machined into the top.Lower brass bushing. It contains another rubber o-ring that rides against the ram to seal in any oil that seeps past the piston.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
thacru78   +1y
Man I sure wish I didn't have so much air ride stuff laying around or I'd rock this shit on the Dodge. Badass as usual Jeremy...I will def keep Dice in mind later down the road!!!