threads
Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  ASK THE EXPERTS! Hydroholics open forum on any hydraulic related questions you may have.

ASK THE EXPERTS! Hydroholics open forum on any hydraulic related questions you may have.

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1805
replies 8
following 6

HYDROHOLICS   +1y
There are many questions that we at HYDROHOLICS get emailed with every day. I have created this post to give people an opportunity to ask their question and we will reply back keeping an open discussion for everyone to view. We hope that as this post grows it will help answer other questions people may have about our product or any other hydraulic related matter. So, let the discussion begin!

HYDROHOLICS   +1y
Q: Do hydraulics ride better than air?

A1: There are certain applications where air will ride better and some where hydraulics will ride better.

Example #1) A light weight Honda civic with McPherson strut front suspension may ride better on bags than hydraulics. However, a lot of people still choose to run hydraulics in this application because the cost of a cylinder and powerball is less that a well built strut bag. With any McPherson car there is a lot of lateral force being applied to the cylinder which makes it more difficult for the cylinder to go into motion allowing the accumulator to do its job. A light weight civic, since we already discussed that above, will take big bumps great, but you
Scoobysmak   +1y
Well here goes nothing.. I admit I liked the "accu-juice" leveling system that was supposed to come about but have not seen it yet. Has your company heard any new progress on this or is it dead in the water. Maybe I have the wrong company but figure you might have some scoop on the deal.

Thanks
2droppedchevs   +1y
A question that i've had for sometime is towing with hydraulics. I have a 2003 Denali and was thinking about juicing it instead of bags but with the weight of a suv and the tongue weight of a car trailer every once in a while will the cylinders and accumulators last and function properly? If i put a slowdown in front of the acc and close it a bit while towing will that slow the oil flow from the cylinder to the acc. in theory making it stiffer for towing? Just a few ?? i've had for a while. Thanks in advance!
HYDROHOLICS   +1y
The Accu-Juice setup is up and working on a Hydroholics 2-6 setup right now. With a 2/6 or 4/4 setup you will get full leveling capabilities that the e-level system offers. It's a very complex array of relays, diodes and wiring. Wiring info is available if you shoot us an email info@hydroholics.net." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">info@hydroholics.net. As for the actual manufacturered interface (called the 'juice box'), we are working on details to make it a little more user friendly before it's introduced. But like I said, if you want to do the work yourself, shoot us an email and we'll discuss all the details. The hydraulic/accuair merger is really an amazing marriage and makes hydraulics a lot more user friendly. Even if you simply want to use the switchspeed controller it is so much better than a bulky switch box full of 12-prong switches.

Thanks for the question.

info@hydroholics.net
:HH:
Juiced202   +1y
Edited: 1/11/2012 2:04:42 AM by Juiced202

Have you guys thought about pushing 1-8s at all? I think it's an ideal system for AccuJuice, and it would probably be the way I went on my next setup! Four checks, one in between each pressure dump.
kazimbai   +1y
What is a RAM in hydraulic system.
traemvincent   +1y
I have an issue with the hydraulics on a 737d morbark trommel.

The trommel motor will rotate fine for a random time, then stop and bog down the deisel engine. Sometimes it doesn't bog down and bypasses.

I disconnected the chain from the trommel motor and just ran the motor. It still locks up randomly
post photo
Page 1 of 1