threads
Page 6 of 8
Old School Minis \  need some old school stereo-system help...

need some old school stereo-system help...

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 4727
replies 77
following 56

bagdb2200   +1y
Originally posted by baggedMITSU

i had thump subs, lol. back in 1993. then after i blew those i got Lanzars, which sounded clean but didtn hit for shit. so i got JL W-7s after that.

Right now i have some MTX subs circa 94-95 i have three pull out decks, and a few amps. Im going to try and piece something together this week. I havent had the stereos tested yet but im hoping one works. who knew so many people still had them laying around. as soon as i mentioned it at a club meeting a few guys said they had some in the garage. lol

After trying for a few months now to get some PPI Art Series amps ive pretty much giving up. they are definately out of my price range. I remember i bought a whole set up in 96 for 250 bucks. used but they were gorgeous and looked brand new. wish i still had them.

Ernie, I've got a 4 ch Art amp, want me to take a pic of it for ya? I don't think I'm ever going to use it.
corey0814   +1y
Edited: 7/10/2008 12:20:16 PM by corey0814

while you're talking about soundstream, i always wanted the davinci when i was first getting started.

post photo
pearldrop   +1y
I wanted a Davinci too. Or a Tarantula.

I wouldn't mind running a set of Phoenix Gold M-series amps now either.

post photo
pearldrop   +1y
These are rare, but they would be seriously cool to put into an old school ride.

spraybomb   +1y
Amps: Linear Power, ADS, Cadence, Zapco, Hiphonics, US Amps or Rodek!

For a deck, you could use McIntosh. Even the new ones have an old school look to em and they sound awesome!

groundedwatts   +1y
i think you should mold an 8-Track front to an actual cd changer mounted in dash so that it looks like an 8-track but is actually a cd player.

idk?
bodydropped85   +1y
link to said mcintosh?
Balzout Sparkin   +1y
Nothin' says 1990 sound system like Pioneer tape deck, 3way 6x9's, alpine amps, Pyle "driver" subs and Sir Mix-a-lot.
granth   +1y
been thinkin about how to keep the build theme together and still have a nice stereo....this thread helped a lot. i actually bought that alpine 7618 pullout with 6 disc changer that was posted earlier. cant wait to get it.
lucky_brew   +1y
^ you lil fuker! i planned on bidding on that! i got first dibs if you decide to sell it!

russ-d, got the pics! whats up with the player yo?

and brad! sir mix-a-lot was the shit! (pre baby got back of course!)"my possies on broadway!"